Partnership & Development Specialist
- Global Glimpse
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- For questions, please email email@example.com
If you would like to apply for this job, please visit this page: http://bit.ly/1gzPk7Z
Application Deadline: Monday, August 3rd at midnight EST
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse believes that first-hand exposure to different countries, cultures and people is one of the most powerful educational experiences one can have. We believe this exposure is essential for ensuring young Americans of all backgrounds will think and act as responsible global citizens.
As one of the only organizations making experiential global education accessible to all, our innovative model uniquely positions us to be able to deliver economically and ethnically diverse experiences. Most Global Glimpse students are from low-income families in underserved communities, and so receive significant scholarships to participate in our programs.
Through after-school workshops and 3-week immersion programs in the developing world, we expose our students to meaningful experiences that unlock their potential to influence change on a local and global scale.
- Founded in the Bay Area in 2007, we have since grown to NYC and Chicago.
- We partnered with over 50 public high schools and grew to serve 750 students annually.
- We’re scaling quickly and on track to serve 1000 students annually by 2017 and 20,000 by 2024.
- Check out featured stories about our work in the Chicago Tribune, Forbes, The Atlantic, the SF Biz Times, and the Wework Magazine.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team is looking to bring on a driven, detail-oriented Partnership & Development Specialist to join our young and committed team. Your primary focus will be to inform and implement fundraising and development strategies that will fuel our organization’s ambitious growth goals. Working closely with the Executive Director, you will help systematically build out and strengthen our fundraising efforts in preparation for our significant plans to scale.
HERE’S WHAT TO EXPECT IN THIS ROLE…
The Outcomes From Your Work In This Role
- Your creative ideas and hard work will directly contribute to giving youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective on the world and develop the motivation, resiliency, and confidence to tackle challenges in their communities and in their lives.
- You will be a key contributor to creating scalable systems and practices that will support our expansion.
- You will join an innovative and nimble team that is uniquely positioned to make a meaningful impact on the quality and accessibility of global experiential learning.
- You will help shape a young and ambitious organization on a rapid growth trajectory.
How This Role Will Help You Develop as a Professional
- You will hone your ability to develop, build, and execute on an effective and successful fundraising pipeline.
- You will establish and grow a diverse network that bridges the worlds of philanthropy and the private sector.
- You will work directly with and learn from the Executive Director on best practices for relationship building and fundraising strategies.
- You will obsess over project management and love building scalable systems and processes.
- You will establish an online voice and be able to effectively apply a social media strategy to our fundraising efforts.
The Tangible and Intangible Perks and Benefits of This Role
- You will receive a comprehensive and growing benefits package that includes healthcare coverage, 20 days PTO, and cell phone reimbursement.
- You will join a work hard, play hard environment that strikes a great balance between professional and casual.
- You will become a part of a team that is as supportive of you in your personal life as they are in your professional life.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Tracking all donations to the organization and collaborate with the Executive Director to maintain strong donor relations
- Determining a comprehensive list of individuals to develop and cultivate as strong leads
- Designing and supporting a strategic cultivation strategy for individual donors
- Ensuring donors and funders listed in all communication material are current
- Ensuring all individual donors are invited to Global Glimpse events and provided with regular opportunities to engage with the program
- Researching and maintaining a comprehensive list of foundations to develop and cultivate
- Maintaining a foundation calendar and ensure all LOIs, proposals, and reports are submitted on time
- Developing language and content for LOIs and grant proposals, create and maintain a grant kit with all current language and materials to support grant proposals
- Ensuring program metrics are incorporated into development and communications materials
- Determining a comprehensive list of corporate partners to develop and cultivate
- Developing sponsorship and partnerships strategies specific to corporate partners and sponsors
- Managing all logistics for fundraising events including venues, ticket sales, sponsors, raffles, and silent auctions
- Designing and managing all communications for fundraising events including press releases, outreach and day of event materials
- Directing all aspects of our social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and publish regular newsletters to engage our diverse stakeholders
- Securing speaking opportunities for our ED to be an expert and spokesperson in strategic forums
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE…
- 2+ years of fundraising experience
- Exceptional writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills, the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities at once
- A high level of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A confident communicator, someone who is poised and able to speak openly with high-level executives and foundation leaders
- Entrepreneurial and naturally inclined to take initiative and ownership over their work, and who is not afraid to take on responsibilities outside of their role description
- An implementer, someone who excels at being detail-oriented, checking things off their to-do list, and being highly organized
- A team player with the ability to motivate a team to engage in and support fundraising
- Passionate about international education and youth development
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, and work effectively with a small team
HOW WILL WE KNOW YOU’RE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE ROLE?
Please complete the following application. These short-answer questions are designed to replace a cover letter, please take your time with them and copy in your answers from a separate document. Priority will be given to applicants who apply by 11:59pm PST on Monday, August 3rd. If you are chosen as a finalist, you will first be interviewed by ReWork and then by Global Glimpse leadership. The final step in the hiring process will be to arrange personal reference calls to confirm details of your work history and performance.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU’RE SELECTED?
You will be invited to join our growing team in Oakland, CA. You will receive a competitive salary depending on your level of experience. If you have any questions about the role, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to reading your application!