- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email your resume to: email@example.com. In your email, tell us why you are the right person for the job (bonus points for brevity). Email title: "Partnerships Associate".
- Where to Apply
The Partnerships Associate will support the management of partnerships, fundraising, grant management, marketing & communications, and ad-hoc support of strategic projects. They will possess outstanding communication skills, be highly organised, willing to tackle diverse tasks and passionate about seeing projects through to completion.
As all other team members, this person must have an entrepreneurial mindset and exhibit passion about social and climate impact at the business end of clean energy finance, energy access and/or sustainable development.
The Partnerships Associate will work closely with their Head of Strategic Partnerships and Chief Commercial Officer. The core responsibilities are:
(1) Communications and marketing:
– Own SunFunder’s online presence (blogs, press releases, social media), and write their Annual Review.
– Provide editorial and marketing support on SunFunder’s brand including website and impact storytelling.
(2) Partnerships and fundraising:
– Work closely with their leadership, debt funds and investment teams on different aspects of their origination, funding and other sector partnerships.
– Coordinate the implementation of partnership projects for SunFunder’s high impact/ innovative/ pioneering work.
– Identify potential donor and catalytic investor partnerships and create presentations for strategic partnership opportunities and proposals.
– Own grant proposals and reporting to support SunFunder’s next innovations and climate investments.
– Undertake climate finance research projects (e.g. biodiversity/ecosystem financing landscape) to support SunFunder’s strategic planning.
What they’re looking for:
– At least 1-3 years experience after bachelor’s degree.
– Demonstrated commitment and knowledge on creating social, environmental and economic impact through innovative climate and/or clean energy finance.
– Be visionary and strategic with strong attention to detail.
– Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, problem solve and be 100% reliable.
– Takes initiative and proactively seeks guidance when needed.
– Excellent research, written and presentation skills in English; natural story-teller with strong potential for proposal development.
– Energetic, positive attitude, intellectual curiosity, low-ego, entrepreneurial spirit and a good sense of humour.
– Business development and/or account management experience is preferred.
Willingness to “get your hands dirty” and perform less glamorous roles from time to time. – There will be some “executive assistant” aspects of this role to help free up the leadership team’s time to focus on future strategic priorities.
Competitive, commensurate with experience. SunFunder offers a unique work culture at an ambitious company that strongly encourages a healthy life-work balance, and an opportunity to work with a fun, passionate and talented international team.