Partnerships Manager: Social Enterprise in Health
- Living Goods
- Deadline for Applications
Do you want your work to matter? Do you have serious business chops and want to use them to make a difference? Are you looking for the chance to change millions of lives for the better? If the answer is yes, read on.
Living Goods aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers in the developing world. To do this, LG not only grows its own businesses, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include Care International, the Clinton Foundation, BRAC, Marie Stopes, and PSI.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate professional to join our Partnerships team as a Partnerships Manager based in Myanmar. This team of highly skilled advisors supports LG partners in the development of strategy, business design and operations management. We work with the world’s top international non-profit organizations and investors to launch and scale up health focused social enterprises across the globe.
We are currently looking for a results focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will provide technical advisory services to one of Myanmar’s largest non-profit organizations as it launches and scales up a new social enterprise. You will work across multiple product categories (consumer packaged goods, nutrition, solar, and pharmaceutical) and draw on best practice from the private sector to build a venture that has the potential to dramatically improve the health and livelihoods of low income consumers. Beyond Myanmar, there will be abundant opportunities to contribute to LG’s success with other partners and to grow your career.
Responsibilities and Requirements
· Contribute to successful execution of partnership engagements by providing hands-on advisory services to help partner organizations adapt and operationalize the Living Goods model in a new frontier market setting;
· Help partners to refine their strategies to maximise health impacts in a manner consistent with the Living Goods model;
· Cultivate relationships with new funders and local government leaders to ensure the success of the partner;
· This is a full time role requiring a minimum two-year commitment in Myanmar;
· Travel approximately 30% of the time for team meetings and conferences.
Experience and Qualifications
· 5-8 years of private sector experience in one of the following fields: management consulting, consumer package goods, public health, pharmaceuticals, retail, or micro-finance, ideally in an emerging markets setting;
· Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds;
· Ability to work independently and to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment;
· Experience with proposal development and/or grant management for large funders (e.g. USAID, DFID, Global Fund, Gates Foundation, corporates, etc.);
· Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of innovative mobile technologies a plus;
· Myanmar (Burmese) language skills are a plus;
· University degree required. MBA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity. We offer the opportunity to be your best while making lives better for others.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you willthrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for ‘Partnerships Manager: Social Enterprise in Health’ through our applicant tracking system. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods