Partnerships Manager Uganda
- Living Goods
- Contact Information
Do you want your work to matter? Do you have serious business chops and want to use them to make a difference? Do you have a passion for innovative community health? Are you looking for the chance to change millions of lives for the better? If the answer is yes, read on.
Living Goods (LG) aims to improve the lives of tens of millions of underserved customers in the developing world. To do this, LG not only grows its own businesses, but also dramatically magnifies its impact through large-scale partnerships. Living Goods works with many of the world’s leading visionary organizations across the corporate, social and government sectors. Current and past partners include Care International, BRAC, and PSI.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate professional to join our team as a Partnership Manager based in Kampala, Uganda. This role will work closely with the Uganda team and a key LG partner in supporting business design, operations and implementation. We work with the world’s top international non-profit organizations and investors to launch and scale up health focused social enterprises across the globe.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will provide technical advisory services to one of the world’s largest non-profit organizations as it scales up its entrepreneurial community health network. You will work across multiple product categories (consumer packaged goods, nutrition, solar, and pharmaceutical) and draw on best practice from the private sector and the public health sector to build a venture that has the potential to dramatically improve the health and livelihoods of low income consumers.
Responsibilities and Requirements
• Contribute to successful execution of partnership engagements by providing hands-on advisory services to help partner organizations adapt and operationalize the Living Goods model in a new frontier market setting;
• Help partners to refine their action plans to maximise health impacts and sustainability in a manner consistent with the Living Goods model;
• Learn from partners and take best practices to inform and support Living Goods ongoing learning and direct operations.
• Support Living Goods project implementation with an eye toward taking lessons learned to support partners.
• This is a full time role requiring a minimum 3 year commitment in Uganda;
• Travel around Uganda to support partner implementation.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following fields: management consulting, public health, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, retail, or micro-finance, ideally in an emerging markets setting. A minimum of 2 years managing people and projects;
• Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds;
• Ability to work independently and to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment;
• Project Management experience – ability to see the big picture while paying acute attention to the details.
• Experience with proposal development and/or grant management for large funders (e.g. USAID, DFID, Global Fund, Gates Foundation, corporates, etc.) a plus;
• Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of innovative mobile technologies a plus;
• University degree required. MBA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page (https://livinggoods.org/who-
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods