Partnership/Shared Learnings Advisor
- Living Goods
- Kampala, Uganda
- Contact Information
Two of the most innovative social enterprises in the world, BRAC and Living Goods, are seeking a unique person that can work across the two health organizations in Uganda to serve as a shared consultant/advisor/liaison, identify best practices, and help implement operational changes that improve impact in the communities they serve.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate professional to join our team as a Partnership/ Shared Learnings Advisor based in Kampala, Uganda. This role will work with both BRAC and Living Goods in supporting business design, operations and implementation.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused professional with vision and an entrepreneurial spirit. You will provide technical advisory services to two of the world’s most innovative social enterprises as they scale up their entrepreneurial community health network. You will work across multiple product categories (consumer packaged goods, nutrition, solar, and pharmaceutical) and draw on best practice from the private sector and the public health sector to scale a proven model that has the potential to dramatically improve the health and livelihoods of millions of people in Uganda.
This position will report to the program leads at BRAC and Living Goods.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Contribute to successful execution of field implementation by providing hands-on advisory services to both organizations to adapt and operationalize best practices from BRAC and Living Goods operations.
- Help each partner to refine action plans to maximise health impacts and sustainability;
- Create solutions and drive innovation to address scaling and last mile delivery.
- Learn from each organization and take best practices to inform and support ongoing learning and direct operations.
- Support project implementation
- This is a full time role requiring a minimum 3 year commitment in Uganda;
- The role will be based in both BRAC and LG offices, and will require travel around Uganda to support partner implementation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in one of the following fields: management consulting, public health, pharmaceuticals, FMCG, retail, or micro-finance, ideally in an emerging markets setting. A minimum of 2 years managing people and projects;
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with stakeholders from various cultural backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently and to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced start-up environment;
- Project Management experience – ability to see the big picture while paying acute attention to the details.
- Experience in public health, an MPH a plus.
- Experience with proposal development and/or grant management for bi- or multi-lateral funders a plus;
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of innovative mobile technologies a plus;
- University degree required. MBA preferred.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance, vacation, and a bonus opportunity.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply to 'Partnership/Shared Learnings Advisor' through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @LivingGoods