Payment Processing Specialist
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Contact: Liz KaragerogosHR and Operations Associatejobsemail@example.comApplications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “Payment Specialist” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Payment Specialist – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.
- Loan Transaction Processing
· Provides excellent customer service to Root Capital’s borrowers and other external stakeholders as well as internally to regional credit staff.
· Has contact with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
· Maintains online wire transfer template database and initiates wire transfers.
· Processes and executes loan disbursements and repayments, prepares client account statements, invoices, audit information requests, and performs other loan reporting activities.
· Resolves day-to-day cash and banking related issues in a timely manner.
· Manages wire transfer investigations and troubleshooting.
· Reviews and reconciles lending bank account transaction reports on a daily basis.
· Executes related foreign currency trades and derivative transactions in adherence with company protocols and procedures.
· Assists in maintaining loan accounts and data, including loan terms, loan availability calculations and payment plans in loan management systems.
· Ensures initial and ongoing compliance with approved loan terms relevant to transaction processing in coordination with regional credit staff.
· Performs thorough review of inbound payment identification processes and outbound funds transfers to ensure accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
· Assists in the development and management of internal policies and procedures.
- Systems & Reporting
· Assists in the Accounting team’s monthly reconciliation.
· Assists in the development of treasury models to assess ALM, cash and foreign exchange positions.
· Assists in creation and presentation of portfolio performance reports as needed.
- Perform departmental responsibilities
· Supports on-boarding of new staff through trainings.
· Represents the Treasury team in cross departmental initiatives.
· Is involved in new projects for both the Treasury team and Root Capital as they arise.
- Other related activities as specified by the Manager of Treasury Operations
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work of this position, and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
· 10 years or more experience in a payment processing role, preferably in a financial services or retail banking environment.
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, meet critical deadlines and pay attention to detail.
· Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding business matters.
· Has a proactive, creative problem solving attitude.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or a related field.
· Spanish language proficiency strongly desired.
· Strong client service philosophy and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Intacct accounting systems a plus.
· Collaborative team player with a good sense of humor.
· Must be authorized to work in the US.
· Interest in business, economic development and the environment; shares Root Capital’s commitment to poverty alleviation and environmental conservation.
Commensurate with experience.