Program Manager, Swajal
- Piramal Sarvajal
- Ahmedabad, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
• About Piramal Sarvajal:
Piramal Sarvajal, seeded by the Piramal Foundation in 2008, is a mission driven social enterprise which designs and deploys innovative solutions for creating affordable access to safe drinking water in underserved areas. Sarvajal is at the forefront of developing technologies and business practices in the safe drinking water sector that are designed to make a purely market-based model sustainable in both rural and urban deployment conditions.
• About Swajal Initiative:
Government of India launched ‘Swajal’ in August 2018, to enhance the availability of safe, quality drinking water in 112 Aspirational Districts across India as identified by NITI Aayog and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS). The scheme is envisaged as a demand-driven scheme wherein Gram Panchayats (GPs) apply for funds and technical support to install drinking water units in their territory, which would be community owned and managed.
Piramal Foundation through its initiative Sarvajal, is supporting this scheme in 16 districts across 7 states. We will work with the District administration and GPs to design appropriate scheme roll-out strategy. Emphasis will be laid on ensuring accountability and sustainability, by providing support for social audits, conducting Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) activities, raising funds for operation and maintenance, among other crucial success factors.
• About the role:
Program Manager, Swajal will oversee the implementation of Piramal Foundation – NITI Aayog partnership for Swajal scheme, working with a vibrant team of state and district leads who have nurtured this project so far. You will help us to make decisions about the next steps in this work, bringing ideas and enthusiasm, integrity and humility to this exciting initiative. You shall directly report to the National Program Lead.
Your responsibilities will include –
1. Create vision and strategy
– Learn about what has been done so far, and in collaboration with the team, reflect on our lessons learnt so far and create a strategy for the scale up
– Continuously review program plans and goals and help the team to collectively contribute their best
– Build relationships and learning exchanges with similar efforts elsewhere to strengthen our own vision and approach
2. Drive program execution
– Manage the timely delivery of key outputs across the major areas of cooperation identified in our NITI Aayog partnership document
– Lead in developing state and district-wise action plan and Swajal roll-out plan
– Ensure regular monitoring of state and district-wise progress across key performance indicators and implement pre-emptive course correction as and when required.
3. Partnership building and outreach
– Familiarise self with existing government relationships and understand depth of engagement and trust, in turn slowly building rapport with them
– Participate in identifying avenues for collaborating with like-minded organizations that value reliable safe water delivery at the last mile in rural and urban areas
– Stay abreast with latest policy development in the rural drinking water space
4. Documentation and communication
– Develop and implement the documentation and communication strategy for all our stakeholders
– Lead the documentation and sharing of our knowledge, best practices and grassroots innovation
– Lead in the design of a process to organize our current media archive
Salaries and incentives will be commensurate to the experience of the candidate and the responsibilities allocated.
About you –
• You possess demonstrated interest and experience in at least two of the following: drinking water sector, policy and advocacy, project management, monitoring and evaluation, social entrepreneurship
• You have a good eye for effective and accurate documentation and sharing (written, video, audio, etc.)
• You intend to live Piramal Success Factors: Thinks Big, Impacts Communities, Displays Entrepreneurship and Excellence, Displays Humility, Collaborates, Empowers and Develops
• You possess a strong team spirit, an openness in sharing and in inclusion
• You’re comfortable with conducting number crunching on MS excel and preparing fascinating ppts
• You’re a respectful listener and believe that there is always value in listening and you can learn something new even from the most unlikely quarters
• You possess a bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree (we’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience)
You have the right fit with the role if –
• You believe in learning by doing and would look forward to travelling 10 days per month to aspirational districts across India
• You are interested in exploring rural drinking water sector
• You continuously challenge your own assumptions and beliefs
• You are humble and comfortable in varying social and professional settings, alternating between interacting with grassroots community members, and district and state level bureaucrats.
Please send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com