- MCE Social Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
MCE Social Capital is a non-profit impact investing firm that utilizes an innovative loan guarantee model to help people living in poverty access credit and other financial services on fair terms. Backed by its pioneering Guarantor model, MCE provides loans to microcredit providers and small and medium-sized businesses, with a special commitment to women and people living in rural areas (78% of MCE’s end borrowers are women and 78% live in rural areas). Since beginning operations in 2006, MCE has disbursed more than $109 million in loans to microfinance institutions, which have in turn made more than 400,000 in loans to hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs in 30+ countries.
MCE’s Marketing & Development Internship is being offered to current students or young professionals seeking to gain experience in impact investing. The Marketing & Development Intern will report directly to MCE’s Portfolio Analyst, Gary Carrier with additional support provided by MCE’s Managing Director and General Counsel, Ben Stone.
Please e-mail resume and short cover letter (in PDF format) to email@example.com. Your name, the date, and the position must be in the titles of your attachment to be considered. No phone calls please.
- Grad student, or young professional with passion for international development, research, writing, marketing, and brand development (exceptional college students may also apply)
- Experience or coursework in microfinance, impact investing, or international development (preferred)
- Understanding of web design, user experience, and back-end website management (preferred)
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Suite applications
- Experience developing and writing grant proposals
- Must have excellent writing and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and be self-directed
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice or experience living in emerging economies a plus
- Perform research and analysis on potential funding sources and current or prospective partners
- Research and draft articles, blog posts, and reports for publishing
- Design marketing materials for events, presentations and meetings
- Manage Guarantor newsletter (writing, design, production, distribution)
- Assist in writing and submission of grant proposals
- Other projects as needed
- 15 hours per week (Sept-Dec)
- Virtual, intern must have reliable Internet access and Skype
- Academic credit available