- MCE Social Capital
- San Francisco, CA
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
MCE Social Capital is a non-profit impact investing firm that utilizes an innovative loan guarantee model to help people living in poverty access credit and other financial services on fair terms. Backed by its pioneering Guarantor model, MCE provides loans to microcredit providers and small and medium-sized businesses, with a special commitment to women and people living in rural areas (78% of MCE’s end borrowers are women and 78% live in rural areas). Since beginning operations in 2006, MCE has disbursed more than $109 million in loans to microfinance institutions, which have in turn made more than 400,000 in loans to hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs in 30+ countries.
MCE’s Portfolio Internship is being offered to current students or young professionals seeking to gain experience in impact investing. The Portfolio Intern will report directly to MCE’s Portfolio Analyst, Gary Carrier with additional support provided by MCE’s Managing Director and General Counsel, Ben Stone.
- Grad student, or young professional (college students considered)
- Knowledge or coursework in finance, accounting, microfinance, impact investing, macroeconomics, and/or international development
- Excellent computer skills, including high degree of knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft programs.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess high level of attention to detail and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrable commitment to social justice or experience living in emerging economies
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French preferred
- Assist MCE’s portfolio team in monitoring financial and social performance of invested partners
- Perform research and analysis on current or prospective partners
- Research and monitor evolving conditions, opportunities and risks in countries where MCE’s current and prospective partners operate
- Assist in writing and submission of grant proposals
- Other projects as needed
- 15 hours per week (Sept-Dec)
- Virtual, intern must have reliable Internet access and Skype
- Academic credit available
Please e-mail resume and short cover letter (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your name, the date, and the position must be in the titles of your attachment to be considered. No phone calls please.