- One Acre Fund
- Kigali, Rwanda
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Apply Online
- Where to Apply
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Their 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, they make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers they serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about their work, take a look at their Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As a Product Manager at One Acre Fund, you will be part of their internal Tech Department, creating technology solutions for their country programs and global departments. You will gather and document product requirements from their client departments, work with the Development team to translate these requirements into solutions, and use your project management skills to bring field timelines and development timelines into sync. You’ll report directly to the Head of Product Management and work with other Product Managers, their team of Business Analysts, Development Team Leads and partners from their client departments around the organization.
A successful Product Manager at One Acre Fund can combine an understanding of their users – farmers, field officers, support staff – with an ability to coordinate resources to meet critical timelines. You will manage a portfolio of internal products and manage one or more projects that cut across multiple products. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Document requirements for new projects – including requests for new solutions and added functionality for existing products
• Lead a project team to deliver a set of features cutting across multiple products. You’ll create project management plans, lead project meetings and and manage timelines
• Plan and implement User Acceptance Testing and release planning
• Maintain a development roadmap for your projects to ensure high-level resourcing decisions
• Develop and maintain relationships with important stakeholders across the organization
• Work with UX designers to test and refine user-facing product design
Career Growth and Development
They have a strong culture of constant learning and they invest in developing their people. Youll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. They hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. Youll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications they look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
• 3+ years of experience with technology product management, project management, or similar work experience
• 3+ years of experience in one of their countries of operation (Kenya, Rwanda, Nigeria, Burundi, Malawi, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda or Zambia)
• Experience with Agile software development. A Certified Product Owner certification is a plus
• Strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate across diverse team members to achieve goals. A relevant certification like the PMP is a plus
• Experience with user design, prototyping, UI/UX mockups, etc is a plus
• Language: English is required. Other notable and useful languages are Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Chichewa, Amharic
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) their countries of operation are preferred.
7 October 2021
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to their organizations mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected so that their team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.