Program Assistant – Part Time
- GoodWeave International
- Where to Apply
GoodWeave is an international nonprofit organization working to end child labor in the carpet industry of South Asia and to replicate its market-driven model in other manufacturing sectors.
GoodWeave aims to increase the market share of certified child-labor-free rugs with the goal of completely eliminating child labor from the carpet industry of South Asia. Being a part of the GoodWeave team is to be on the frontlines of the burgeoning social entrepreneur and anti-slavery movements.
Overview of the Position:
The Program Assistant maintains the organization’s FileMaker database, while providing administrative services for a twelve-person staff. This is a part-time position, approximately 3 days a week for the right candidate.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Overall management of the organization’s database built on a FileMaker Pro platform, which includes adding new contacts, updating information, verifying data, etc.;
• Pulling sophisticated reports from database based on often complex criteria;
• Cleaning and sorting contact information for inclusion in print and electronic mailings;
• Supporting fundraising activities by creating mailing lists, recording donations, and processing thank you letters in database;
• Liaising with database developer to improve database usability;
• Training new staff on database functionality, and existing staff on new database features;
• Supporting Strategic Initiatives Officer on various individual giving projects.
• Procuring and maintaining office supplies and equipment including technology resources such as computers, copiers, and printers in conjunction with technology consultant;
• Responding to general inquiries;
• Answering phones;
• Opening mail, logging incoming payments;
• Processing and coding invoices to support finance team;
• Managing mail/freight/courier activity;
• Other administrative duties and ad hoc requests as needed.
• Strong background in database management with experience in FileMaker Pro preferred
• Exceptional attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced small office atmosphere with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave offers paid vacation plus sick and holiday leave.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter explaining interest and qualifications and resume via email toPersonnel@goodweave.org. No phone calls please. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.