- Start Up!
- New Delhi, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
We are looking for an entrepreneurial person with demonstrated leadership in the social entrepreneurship sector and a keenness to grow Start Up’s unique business model.
Role: Innovations Manager
Work arrangement: Full-time permanent position
1.Incubation/Impact Acceleration/ Consulting Services
You will lead teams that incubate, accelerate and consult with social ventures, based on Start Up’s 8 Step Methodology. This will require you to:
* Customize and deliver Start Up’s eight-stage methodology to our partners and clients.
* Design, develop and implement envisioning exercises, market strategies, new programs and
services, business plans, financial models, operational plans and other venture management
solutions that our partner social entrepreneurs may require.
* Manage a robust investor and funder network; connect them to social entrepreneurs and ensure
that funds are raised successfully for their ventures.
* Manage project teams and ensure regular communication with all stakeholders.
2.Building Our Business
As part of a fast-growing entrepreneurial team, you will also be required to lead:
* Communication and business development for the North India region with the Founder-Director.
You will be encouraged to experiment actively and develop an innovation that adds value to Start Up! and/or the social entrepreneurship field, in general.
* Strong understanding of social entrepreneurship in India and globally.
* Experience in strategy consulting and/or leading social change models on the ground.
* Excellent primary and secondary research skills with the ability to do statistical data analysis.
* Ability to see the Big Picture and draw out cross-sectoral patterns.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Enthusiasm for working with grassroots communities and/or with social entrepreneurs in their
fields of operation.
* Enthusiasm for travel, especially to rural locations.
* Resilience, high problem-solving abilities, attention to detail
* Willingness to receive and give feedback.
* A great sense of humour.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Post-graduation, with a specialization in social entrepreneurship or design and communication or
* Minimum 4-6 years of experience- either as a lead team member in a social enterprise, or in a eco-
system building/support organization for social entrepreneurs.
* Fluency in English and Hindi; knowledge of additional Indian languages will be a plus.
* Excellent skills in MS office/equivalent applications, especially MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Innovation, growth and excellence in execution are the core behaviours of Start Up! As part of the Start Up! team you can expect to:
* Experience leadership
o Work as an intrapreneur, with independence and inter-dependence.
o Start up new geographies and domains.
* Strengthen the life-long learner within you.
o Be trained and coached extensively in our in-house methodologies, processes, tools and
templates of incubating and accelerating social ventures.
o Travel extensively to gather sector insights and intelligence from the ground-up as well as from
thought leaders at the top.
* Nurture a network of friends
o Partner and build long-term relationships with ground-breaking social entrepreneurs.
* Become a mentor and coach
o Coach and advise a young, bright and vivacious team that engages enthusiastically with projects and challenges that are way outside their comfort zone.
Candidates interested to apply to the position should complete the Application Form https://goo.gl/forms/
Candidates unable to commit 2 years to Start Up! need not apply.
All of the above should be submitted for the application to be considered complete.