Program Associate – Agriculture
- Bamako, Mali
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
At myAgro you will work harder and grow more than you dreamed possible. We are currently seeking entrepreneurial, passionate individuals seeking to support smallholder farmers across West Africa.
Program Associates are key members of myAgro’s team, focused on developing and managing our field and office programs and trials. A strong preference will be given to those who have operated in fast-growth environments with limited resources and/or in developing nations.
In this role, you will be charged with a range of diverse projects and responsibilities that will develop and hone your skills and abilities. You may work on 3-5 projects at a time, working iteratively with your manager to produce well thought-out, high quality work products.
The Program Associate, Agriculture role is critical to ensuring that we are delivering the highest quality of inputs and services possible to our farmers. With our ambitious plans to increase our impact with farmers, this is a crucial role to the team. For the right candidate, there are opportunities in the future to expand the role regionally.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to the following:
– Training Development: Work with agricultural research team, training office, and field team to develop effective and impactful trainings that put best practices in the hands of farmers.
– Training Execution: Work with training team, logistics, and field staff to execute hands on and effective training.
– Field Follow-up: Follow up to assure that best practices are being taught effectively in the field and respond quickly to push and reinforce information in the communication chain. Collaborate with M&E team to set up comprehensive field follow-up and rapid-reporting through mobile reporting.
– Team Management: Manage a team of trainers and field agents
Required Skills & Qualifications
– A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
– At least 2 years work experience and prior management experience, with one year in a developing country. Note that the ability to work with the speed and flexibility of a start-up versus an academic environment is crucial to this role. Preference for experience with agriculture focused social enterprise
– French and English proficiency – Business in Mali and Senegal is conducted in French, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro
– A bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related field or significant experience administering farm training
– Excellent project management skills
– Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
– Detail-oriented and organized
– Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
– As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others. Learn more about our model or what it takes to work at myAgro.