Program Associate – Bamako
- Bamako, Mali
- Where to Apply
About Program Associate – Bamako
The Program Associate position, based in Bamako, is a core role within myAgro that helps accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. This role will be team lead for 2-3 field teams (~30 people). You will gain a breadth of experience in designing and scaling high impact cross functional programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development and mobile technology. Reporting to Bamako-based Program Manager or the VP of Mali and working closely with teams across the organization, you will part of a team that is responsible for helping myAgro reach its ambitious goals in West Africa.
Team Lead: Manage a team of 10 – 30 people and support other team leaders to hire, retain and develop their teams to reach myAgro’s goals.
Program Design: Design, iterate and improve myAgro’s model to serve smallholder farmers both by designing a more cost-efficient and higher impact program model.
Service & Product Development: In close collaboration with the agricultural R&D team, design marketing, tools and processes to test and scale innovative new products to increase farmer adoption & income.
M&E: Develop and share a program dashboard and perform regular data analysis to improve performance of field districts, your specific product/service trials and new product roll out.
Leadership Development: Develop professional performance plans, trainings and tools to support the leadership development of new and middle managers to take on increasing responsibilities to support myAgro’s future growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- French and English proficiency
- At least 2 years work experience and significant project or team management experience
- At least 1 year of international, developing country experience
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- This role is competitive – It is necessary to have proven experience that you are comfortable living in rural settings. Peace Corps Alumni and alumni from high-performing social enterprises (funded by DRK, Echoing Green or Mulago) are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Applications due by August 31st
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Masters degree in related field
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others.
Mali is a thriving country and Bamako is an international and diverse city of 2.5 million people, with a small-town feel. It is also home to myAgro’s headquarters and a team of 175 people. Team members based in Mali work closely with the executive team, and have the strongest trajectory for career development and growth. When not in the field or working, our team enjoys doing yoga in the national park, hiking, rock climbing, winning at ultimate frisbee, eating delicious and lazy brunches, listening to live music or checking out the latest international festival.
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment