Program Associate, India
- Village Capital (Accelerator Program for Social Enterprises)
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Are you passionate about entrepreneurship? Do you want to contribute to the growth and development of small and growing businesses across India?
Village Capital is looking to recruit an energetic self-starter for the position of Program Associate. Village Capital finds, trains, and invests in early-stage entrepreneurs solving major global problems. Over the past 5 years, program graduates have reached 6 million customers, created over 7,000 jobs, and raised more than $110 million in follow-on capital. They want you to be part of this impact story.
The Program Associate will initially bolster the development of Vilcap’s Education India 2016 program, which will support top education entrepreneurs who are improving college and career readiness outcomes across India. In this role you be required to take a range of moving parts and create a highly organised program. You will be working with entrepreneurs, policymakers, foundations, investment funds, corporates, and more. As you grow in this role, the ambition is for your focus to subsequently expand across other VilCap India programs in strategic areas such as Renewable Energy, Financial Inclusion.
This is full-time role subject to a customary 90 day probation period
Starting salary will be highly competitive and related to prior experience
Initially, the Program Associate will be responsible for four primary activities:
– Manage logistics for 3 4-day workshops, including venue, catering, communication with attendees
– Manage Village Capital brand through attractive collateral as well as managing local social media presence
– Report at the end of each workshop on key take-aways and performance indicators
– Recruit mentors for Village Capital workshops
– Represent Village Capital in conferences, networking events, and mentoring opportunities
– Coordinate communications with entrepreneurs, mentors, partners, and others to ensure that each party’s needs are addressed in a timely manner
– Work closely with the cohort companies to identify needs, assist growth, make connections, and catalyze venture funding
– Facilitate each post-workshop entrepreneur assessment, 3 trial rankings, and the final peer ranking for the 2 pre-committed capital prizes
– Ensure that the database is up to date with contact information the team gathers after networking events
Does this sound like you?
You are an effective project manager
– You are highly organized and detail oriented, with experience in event planning and logistics
– You go above and beyond to achieve high-quality results
– You are able to create attractive collateral, or learn quickly (knowledge of InDesign and the Adobe Suite is a plus)
You’re a leader with excellent communication skills
– You are highly personable, and able to connect with multiple senior stakeholders to understand their needs
– You are fluent in English and have strong written and oral communication skills (Hindi is highly valuable but not required)
You’re passionate about working with entrepreneurs and interested in exploring a career in entrepreneurship or early-stage investing
– You have demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship or entrepreneur support (no prior investment experience required)
– You’re excited about working with people and like building a network
– You believe in our mission and you like to sell what you believe in
About Village Capital:
No business founder or leader ever has all the answers. But together, a group of entrepreneurs probably has among them the right perspective and experience to support peers as they work to scale their ventures and their impact.
At Village Capital, we create the space for entrepreneurs to work together across the boundaries of their organizations, to help lift one another’s performance. By bringing entrepreneurs from similar communities together — whether the same city, or the same sector — we establish cohorts with shared experience and peer-driven mentorship. We then give authority over capital investments to entrepreneurs themselves, empowering them to make sound decisions about which among them is most likely to succeed.
The recruitment process for this role is being managed by Shortlist. We are a startup recruiting company with a difference. We create 3D profiles of all job seekers including background, experience, personality traits and demonstrated ability to communicate and problem solve.
To learn more about the position and begin an application, please visit Shortlist’s website and the following link: www.shortlist.net/#/jobdetails/Village%20Capital/44