Program Associate – IT
- Contact Information
At myAgro you will work harder and grow more than you dreamed possible. We are currently seeking entrepreneurial, passionate individuals outraged with the status quo – ready to disrupt the system to support smallholder farmers across West Africa. We pride ourselves on innovation and creating scalable solutions that empower our farmers, their families and their communities.
Program Associates are key members of myAgro’s team, focused on developing and managing our field and office programs and trials. Successful Program Associates have come from a wide-range of backgrounds, including the fields of management consulting, micro finance, public health and agriculture. A strong preference will be given to those who have operated in fast-growth environments with limited resources and/or in developing nations.
In this role, you will be charged with a range of diverse projects and responsibilities that will develop and hone your skills and abilities. You may work on 3-5 projects at a time, working iteratively with your manager to produce well thought-out, high quality work products. After demonstrating success and becoming familiar with the organization, together with your manager and based on program needs, there will be opportunities to focus your projects for specialisation – be that in monitoring & evaluation, recruitment, finance, technology or other areas.
At myAgro our IT systems are a backbone of our operations. This role will serve as the in-country oversight for our management systems and report to our Senior Technology Manager.
We are looking for a team member with experience in:
- Managing and supporting key data entry process. This is a crucial process to our business model for enrolling and delivery agriculture inputs to farmers
- Developing and maintaining data base systems (advantage if you are familiar with LeCentre or a similar system)
- Creating quality control points for data maintenance
- Creating accurately and timey reports for program activities
- Managing and building the capabilities of team members
- Working with a remote team. Most of the IT team will work remotely and the ability to communicate effectively with both remote and local teams is critical.
Are you the right fit?
At least two years of work experience in a professional setting
Why? In order to excel, Program Associates need to work effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment of tight seasonal deadlines. Professional experience working in teams, leading projects, managing time, and balancing priorities is critical.
Passion for our mission
Why? Living in West Africa certainly has its challenges. However, for individuals who are passionate about supporting smallholder farmers and how our layaway savings model can change the face of subsistence farming, living here can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. Commitment to myAgro’s purpose will help get you through frustrations like the heat, power outages, and transportation problems. As a Program Associate, you are resilient in the face of adverse situations.
Strong teamwork skills
Why? You will work in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse team, tasked with delivering ambitious targets in a challenging environment. Program Associates need to be able to manage projects and people without authority, to effectively communicate project goals, and to include appropriate stakeholders in the process.
Outstanding project management skills
Why? Successful Program Associates are detailed-oriented and data-driven while working within tight deadlines, complex calendars, and diverse teams. Our Program Associates spearhead some of our most critical farmer-facing programs, and we need our team to be able to execute, while also seeking continuous improvements.
Humility and learning from failure
Why? We actively listen to feedback from farmers and make adjustments. We have the courage to review, reshape and reimagine what could be and we move forward with a sweet mix of humility and excitement. We’re humble enough to admit that we made mistakes and have the humility to start from scratch when needed.
Flexibility and team-oriented resourcefulness
Why? We have made strides as an organization but we are still very young which means we come together as a team when the team needs it. If someone is out or if we are short staffed, we need a leader who will step in to help fill in the gaps and lead the rest of the team to do the same. We need team members who can not only roll with the punches, but do so with grace and humility.
Decisiveness and curiosity
Why? This role is critical to our success if we are going to help 1 million farmers increase their income a $1.50 a day by 2025. You will call on your ability to get things done, in the most trying of circumstances with limited resources. Working through these problems will challenge and grow you – for all of the right reasons. We never stop wondering at myAgro. We do not have time to be stagnant.
Parlez-vous français ?
Why? Much of West Africa’s official language is French. It is the language we conduct business in, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or related IT field preferred
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- French and English proficiency
- Experience with MySQL server and SQL
- Experience with CRM platforms (SalesForce highly desired)
- 2-3 years experience in Application/database development
- Ability to work independently and move projects forward despite unforeseen hurdles.
- Experience living in a developing country
- Strong quantitative skills; proficiency with Excel
- Innovative and entrepreneurial nature
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humour, and an open mind are necessary for success