Program Associate – Sikasso
- Sikasso, Mali
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
About Program Associate – Sikasso
The Program Associate role, based in Sikasso, is a new role to support the launch and growth of myAgro’s new regional expansion in Sikasso, Mali. This role will be team lead for 2-3 field teams (~30 people) and support the hiring, training and development of a dedicated regional office that will provide tech, logistics, finance and HR support to the field teams. You will gain a breadth of experience in designing and scaling high impact cross functional programs that work across financial inclusion, agricultural development and mobile technology.
Reporting to the Sikasso-based Program Manager and working closing with another Program Associate focused on designing partnership models in Sikasso, you will be part of a team that is responsible for managing 80% of myAgro’s future expansion in Mali. Core responsibilities of this role include:
Team Lead: Manage and grow our field team from 5 to 30 field staff, and support other team leaders to hire, retain and develop their teams to reach myAgro’s ambitious goals.
Program Design: Design, iterate and improve myAgro’s model to serve smallholder farmers in Sikasso – both by designing a more cost-efficient program model and one that increases myAgro’s impact.
Product Development: In close collaboration with the agricultural R&D team, design marketing, tools and processes to test and scale innovative new products to increase farmer income.
M&E: Develop and share a program dashboard and perform regular data analysis to improve performance of field districts, the Sikasso region overall and new product roll out.
Leadership Development: Develop professional performance plans, trainings and tools to support the leadership development of new and middle managers to take on increasing responsibilities to support myAgro’s future growth.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- French and English proficiency
- At least 2 years work experience and significant project or team management experience
- At least 1 year of international, developing country experience
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
This role is competitive – It is necessary to have proven experience that you are comfortable living in rural settings. Peace Corps Alumni and alumni from high-performing social enterprises (funded by DRK, Echoing Green or Mulago) are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Masters in related field preferred but not required
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
To apply: Submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter athttps://myagro.recruiterbox.
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others. Learn more about our model or what it takes to work at myAgro.
About Mali & Sikasso
Mali is a thriving country, and Bamako is an international and diverse city of 2.5 million people, with a small-town feel. It is also home to myAgro’s headquarters and a team of 175 people. Team members based in Mali work closely with the executive team and have the strongest trajectory for career development and growth. Sikasso, Mali is a peaceful, semi-tropical town and is the agriculture hub of Mali. Expansion in this region is essential to myAgro’s strategic growth plan. When not in the field or working, our team enjoys doing yoga in the national park, hiking, rock climbing, winning at ultimate frisbee, eating delicious and lazy brunches, listening to live music or checking out the latest international festival.
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
Job Description: Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment