- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- email@example.comMore information about working at myAgro can be found at: www.myagro.org/get-involved/join-our-team
myAgro is an award-winning, start-up social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our mission is to help small-scale farmers move out of poverty by providing certified seed and fertilizer, technical assistance and market access to farmers via a mobile layaway payment system. We’ve grown from 240 farmers in 2013 to over 10,000 this year. Our dream is to build a model of savings layaway in Mali and Senegal that can be adopted by other organizations to serve over a million farmers throughout the world.
About this Role:
myAgro is seeking entrepreneurial and fast-learning individuals with proven project management chops and a passion for our mission and approach to lifting smallholder farmers out of poverty. Program Associates are responsible for managing a rotating portfolio of 2-4 projects that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our core program model, or that pilot new innovations which may be incorporated into the core program. Program Associates play a critical role in developing and strengthening the program and operations of this young but fast-growing social enterprise, laying the foundation as we expand to support tens of thousands more farmers in the coming years.
No two program associate positions look the same, but sample projects might include:
• Managing expansion of our core program into a new district
• Adapting our individual layaway payment model to women’s savings groups, to increase success rates in reaching savings goals
• Managing our annual intern program, which deploys recent local graduates of agriculture programs to support farmers during the planting season
• Developing a measurement & evaluation (M&E) process to assess the impact of myAgro’s method on farmers’ harvests of maize and peanuts
• Developing a loan program for precision planters, which allow farmers to plant larger acreages with proper dosages and spacing of seed and fertilizer
• Procuring high volumes of quality seed, including identifying promising channels and testing seed germination rates
• Piloting an off-season layaway savings plan for vegetables, to increase farmers’ food security and income during the dry season
This is a career-track position in a rapidly growing organization, and high-performing associates can quickly move into management positions and have a significant impact on the long-term direction of our programs.
Successful applicants will have 2-5+ years of work experience, including significant time working or living in developing countries. Additionally, demonstrated ability to thrive in fast-paced organizations with limited resources is a major plus.
• English and French proficiency required.
• 2-5+ years work experience
• Experience living and/or working internationally. Strong preference given to those with work experience in a developing country
• Compensation is competitive with other early-stage social enterprises
• Round-trip flights between West Africa and your home (1 in your first year, 2 each following year)
• Travel and emergency medical insurance
• Flexible work schedule and generous vacation benefits
• Stipend for language lessons (French refresher, or Bambara or Wolof)
• Tons of karmic good – you will be directly helping families move beyond subsistence farming
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the West African diaspora; returned Peace Corp Volunteers; and alumni of fellowships such as Kiva, Acumen and Global Health Corps are especially encouraged to apply!
More information about working at myAgro can be found at: www.myagro.org/get-involved/join-our-team