Program Associate/Senior Program Associate – Education Team
- Results for Development Institute (R4D)
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please send your cover letter, resume, salary range requirements and 2 writing samples to email@example.com. Include ‘JOB TITLE – Your Name’ in the Subject line. No telephone or e-mail inquiries please. In addition to detailing your qualifications and interest, please also mention your start-date availability.
Responsibilities of the Program Associate/Senior Program Associate would encompass a range of research, project management and administrative tasks across multiple projects.
Potential tasks and responsibilities include:
- Conduct research on technical and policy issues related to global education topics
- Produce highly polished presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on key topics of interest
- Foster current and future collaborative relationships with country and technical partners
- Assist with data management and quantitative analyses
- Participate in relevant conferences, workshops, and meetings; prepare briefing notes and write summary reports, as necessary
- Assist with a range of project management and administrative responsibilities, including developing contracts, budgeting and expenditure tracking, organizing meetings and workshops, and coordinating travel arrangements
- Assist with the development of proposals
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal education Program Associate/ Senior Program Associate will be a highly motivated individual with outstanding credentials, analytical ability, and communication and presentation skills. The Program Associate/Senior Program Associate must be able to function with some supervision, complete duties creatively and effectively, and have a strong commitment to excellence. The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following qualifications:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in international development at a research organization, academic institution, government, bilateral or multilateral development agency, consulting firm, NGO, or think tank
- A demonstrated knowledge of global development issues, with interest in global education
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare compelling presentations and present data in a way that is easily understood
- Experience with data collection, management and analysis, including knowledge of Excel and other relevant software
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and handle competing time and resource demands
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Enthusiasm, energy, good judgment, and humor
- Professional competency in French and/or Spanish desired but not essential
- Master’s Degree in education, economics, public policy or international development a plus
R4D aims to hire and nurture talented, energetic people who are passionate about making a difference for the poor in developing countries, while capable of taking an analytic and pragmatic view toward development challenges. We seek people who fit well into our organizational model.