Program Coordinator, Education Lab, SELCO Foundation, Karnataka India
- SELCO Foundation
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To apply please send in your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Re: Program Coordinator, Education’ as a subject line. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
SELCO Foundation has the vision of empowering children to apply science and innovation to strengthen the life of rural communities. The Foundation currently works on ‘Invention Education’ and ‘Sustainability Labs’ that intervene in low resource Government schools in rural areas of Karnataka on a continuous basis to introduce hands on activities, spark innovation and equip children with the skills necessary to conduct assessment of their community needs and issues such that they can receive mentoring and support to build innovative solutions for these issues. The focus is on innovation and hands-on learning. The role of the Program Coordinator is to support the Program Manager in ensuring effective implementation of these Education Programs across intervention schools.
- Visit intervention schools on frequent basis for classroom observations, conducting activities and monitoring the implementation of the program.
- Support and coach the facilitators on the areas of improvement and alignment with the Program goals.
- Work closely with the facilitators and other school stakeholders to recommend and drive solutions that impact the Program.
- Maintain positive relationships and engagement with school-based Government officials and the various other Partners.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of student performance data.
- Coordinate all the activities for the effective implementation of the Education program.
- Graduate degree/Degree in education.
- Experience in working with/exposure to the public education system, preferably rural.
- Past teaching experience with exposure to experiential learning.
- Experience in coordinating programs in the development sector (Educational landscape would be an add-on).
- Willingness to travel
- Love for children and learning with the belief that every child deserves quality education.