Program Coordinator, Global Investments
- Washington, DC (or remote)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please submit your resume and cover letter
- Where to Apply
Accion is recruiting a Program Coordinator to be an integral member of the Accion Global Investments team, providing operational, analytical, and administrative support to keep the high-performing team running effectively. The role will provide exposure to all aspects of the investment team’s work, including pipeline development, portfolio monitoring and analytics, market and sector analysis, and organizational development. The position is full-time in a dynamic, hard-working team, with opportunity for growth for high achievers.
Preference for eastern U.S. time zone, particularly D.C. area.
– Plan and coordinate across Accion departments to work on Global Investments and Accion-wide projects and initiatives, including communications efforts
– Lead knowledge management within the Global Investments team, including gathering metrics and lessons learned, planning internal learning sessions, and other team building activities
– Provide general administrative support to the Global Investments team and to Accion’s Chief Investment Officer, including processing capital calls, invoices, and vendor contracts
– Support the Global Investments Portfolio Manager with data collection and analysis, internal and external reporting, and liaising with portfolio companies
– Lead Accion Global Investments’ marketing efforts and foster industry recognition, including liaising with Accion’s Communications team, and developing blogs, articles, and presentations, to enhance brand recognition
– Support Investment Officers on transactions including country and market intelligence research, transaction due diligence and analysis, and development of investment proposals
– Lead the team’s annual budget process and hiring processes
– Support special projects for the team, including impact metrics work, strategic planning, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
– 2+ years of work experience
– Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (especially on power point)
– Demonstrated organizational / project management skills and comfort working simultaneously across multiple teams and projects
– Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration, and demonstrated ability to build relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds
– Solutions-oriented approach with ability to work independently and troubleshoot
– Knowledge of / exposure to financial analysis, economic research, accounting, and/or impact investing is a plus
– Excellent English communication skills, proficiency in Spanish is preferred but not required
– Interest in our mission and willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect, and passion for social change
Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a pioneering legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the three billion people who are left out of — or poorly served by — the financial sector. For nearly 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 160 partners in 55 countries. More at http://www.accion.org.
About Global Investments:
The Accion Global Investments team makes equity investments in financial service providers that support micro-entrepreneurs and underserved populations in developing countries. Global Investments’ strategy is to take significant minority stakes in financial inclusion businesses and work across teams to provide capital, strategic and operational support to develop sustainable companies and deliver both commercial and social returns. Our combined Global Investments and Global Advisory Solutions team interventions incorporate a deep understanding of financial inclusion business models, customer needs and help our partners capitalize on the value of their data, leveraging technology and automation to transform their business processes, and reach their customers through the most cost-effective and convenient digital channels, lowering costs and increasing quality at scale.