Program & Development Manager
- Semilla Nueva
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Please note “program and development manager” in the subject line of your email and copy firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . Be sure to specify your available start date
- Where to Apply
Compliance, Design, and Reporting – This position will be Semilla Nueva’s primary focal point for understanding the requirements of Semilla Nueva’s current institutional donors such as USAID. This position will work with the operations team to develop systems to ensure compliance, provide data, and create efficient systems for reporting. The program and development manager will need to efficiently maintain a system to track reporting deadlines and supervise report creation and submission. Reporting compliance and performance will be measured through donor surveys conducted by the program and development manager to evaluate donor satisfaction and feedback from the operations and finance teams.
Relationship Development and Management – The program and development manager will be responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with both new and existing foundations and large donors. The position will oversee tracking of all relationships using a CRM. The position will also manage our communications coordinator’s efforts to create decks, one-pagers, graphics, investor calls, and strategically use social media to provide critical information to donors. The program and development manager will also be responsible for planning and organizing field visits with partners and donors out in the field, showcasing our programs to generate interest. Finally, the position will need to answer difficult questions on Semilla Nueva’s strategic plan, proposals, and financials—using relevant details to clear up or redirect inquiries while also being open about when we don’t have answers.
Research and Proposal Writing – The program and development manager is responsible for the continuous research of and outreach to grant-making institutions and project partners. This will include developing and maintaining systems such as a database of potential opportunities and calendars to track calls for proposals. Working with the executive director and potentially sub-contracted writing services, this position will manage the process of reaching out to new organizations, organizing meetings, writing LOIs and full proposals. Proposal design will require ongoing communication with our finance and operations teams to ensure that project budgets and communicated target goals meet organizational needs.
Management and Leadership – The program and development manager will need to integrate systems for managing compliance and reporting, funder development, leadership within Semilla Nueva and management of their department and report. This position will require someone who is both highly organized, a good problem solver, and also flexible to negotiating between the needs and issues of different stakeholders both internally and externally. Semilla Nueva is a quickly growing and maturing start-up and requires strong candor, communication abilities, and grit. Salary: Competitive local salary, dependent on experience
● Full-time position based in Guatemala City ● Minimum commitment of two years ● Ability to work independently, proactively, and prioritize/coordinate a variety of activities ● Ability to creatively problem-solve in challenging work environments ● Comfortable traveling to and staying in rural parts of Guatemala with difficult living conditions ● Comfortable driving in Guatemala, with a valid driver’s license
● Bachelor’s degree in business, international development, global health, or related field required.
● Minimum 3-5 years’ professional experience in international development programs. Experience in Latin America or Guatemala preferred
· Excellent writing/communications skills, with an ability to communicate complicated ideas simply and concisely
· Minimum two years of grant writing, fundraising or business experience
· Fluent in English – the majority of the applications, reports and communications with partners will be in English. Proficient Spanish for internal and external communications.
· High attention to detail
· Demonstrated interest in rural agriculture and food security, and a passion to see change in Guatemala
· Demonstrated leadership, stress-management and flexibility in the work environment
· Graduate study in business, international development or a related field
· Experience with client management and CRM software, preferably Salesforce
· Experience with grant writing and reports
· Leadership experience in an international development organization or business
· Ability to drive a manual transmission vehicle or willingness to learn
· Experience with fundraising and relationship management
Before applying, please review our website: www.semillanueva.org, including videos and annual reports.