Program Director Colombia
- Fundación Capital
- Bogotá, Colombia
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- See "HOW CAN YOU APPLY"
- Where to Apply
WHAT ARE WE OFFERING?
Fundación Capital is currently seeking a Program Director to develop, execute and grow the activities of our organization in Colombia. We are looking for an outstanding professional with at least six years of pertinent professional experience in fundraising, project management and team leadership, ideally in the development sector. S/he will work from our office in Bogota (Colombia). We will provide a competitive consultancy fee under a one-year service provision contract that is open to a longer-term employment perspective and professional growth inside the organization. On offer is an entrepreneurial and challenging position with lots of opportunities to turn ideas into reality, working alongside an inspiring, diverse and international team.
WHO ARE WE?
Fundación Capital is an award-winning international organization working across Latin America, the Caribbean and Africa to reduce poverty. Our initiatives have the power to create long-lasting impact on a large scale because they harness the power of government actions, market forces and digital innovations. We focus primarily on asset-building for individuals and families living in poverty through financial inclusion, economic empowerment and social protection. At the end of the day, it is all about the people: by providing them with training, capital and productive opportunities, we enable millions of poor families to take successful and independent decisions to live their ambitions.
( www.fundacioncapital.org )
WHAT ARE THE TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES?
– Operation & Budget: manage projects and resources; co-responsible for establishing Annual Operating Plans and the correct implementation and execution of the projects, including business numbers; define and monitor key performance indicators.
– Fundraising, Business Development and partnerships: look for new business opportunities, contracts, strategic alliances and financing
– Networking & Stakeholder Relationships: build and maintain partnerships with allies, donors and clients; position, promote and represent FundaK; maintain permanent communication with the local team and the management
– Staff management: manage a team of short and longer-term consultants and coordinate new recruitments for the specific projects
WHOM ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The person we are looking for should be:
– part of the development sector ecosystem in Colombia with a good relationship capital among the leaders of the sector
– highly committed to social and development issues an empathic and sociable person with the ability to relate excellently with people from very different backgrounds, from those living in poverty to high-level representatives of governments, international organizations and the private sector.
– an outstanding team leader that can manage, select, motivate and develop staff
– a convincing spokes(wo)man and inspiring seller of ideas with social impact entrepreneurial, dynamic and creative, with the ability to set priorities and demonstrate
Languages: perfect command of Spanish (oral and written); good knowledge of English
Skills & Knowledge:
– Broad knowledge of Colombian social problems, the development field, social innovation, financial and productive inclusion
– Excellent management and project implementation skills; team leadership
– Selling skills, ability to raise funds and open new business opportunities; ability to negotiate with the private sector
– Outstanding written and verbal communication, including project proposal writing
– At least six years of accredited professional experience in organizational management, including leadership of interdisciplinary teams
– Experience in financial inclusion, economic citizenship, social protection and/or asset-building for the vulnerable and poor populations.
– Work experience with governments, public, international and private entities, ideally in Colombia
– Previous experience in fundraising will be highly desirable
– Experience in project management and implementation, including budget execution (ideally in international development organizations)
– Fieldwork with vulnerable communities
Education: Master’s degree in economics, political science or a related discipline
We will look favorably upon candidates who can demonstrate the following: international work experience in other parts of the world; knowledge of topics related to financial education, formalization of the economy, cash transfer programs, social innovation.