Program Head, RISE
- Villgro Innovations Foundation
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Villgro Innovations Foundation seeks to hire a Program Head, who will work on a recently launched program called RISE (Reform in School Education). RISE is envisioned to be India\’s first and largest grant-making program focused on funding and supporting high-performing school operators to dramatically improve the quality of education in government schools. Through RISE, we will incubate and support school operators and cover viability gaps in setting up and managing schools in partnership with municipal and state governments.
The program has commenced operations in Delhi and is currently working with 12 schools. Over the next three years, the program will support at least 35 operators working in roughly 80 schools in Delhi and other sites in India, impacting between10,000 and 20,000 students.
We are looking for a Program Head who can lead our work on the RISE program. The candidate will be responsible for setting strategic direction for the program, in close collaboration with Villgro’s management, and driving the growth and expansion of the program over the next few years. Our ideal candidate will be motivated by working in a fast paced environment, intrapreneurial and driven by the motivation to improve educational outcome for students from low-income backgrounds. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of building and growing the RISE operation in Delhi and elsewhere. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working with city, state and national governments to create a change in the public education system. The candidate will be responsible for building a pipeline of school operators, performing due diligence, disbursing and monitoring funding,and providing ongoing support to the operators, fundraising and donor relations management. The candidate will have experience working in the education sector, preferably with government schools and affordable private schools at a management level.
Roles and responsibilities:
The role will include, but is not limited to:
● Pipeline building :
○ Actively build pipeline pipeline of organisations who will be eligible for participation in
the RISE program as school operators
○ Build key strategic partnerships with organisations in the education sector to
constantly build pipeline
● Diligence process :
○ Manage the entire preliminary assessment and detailed diligence on the school
operators that fit our mandate
○ Prepare the company for the Investment Committee and provide detailed investment
thesis to members of the Investment Committee
● Disbursement and monitoring of funds
○ Negotiate and finalize budgets with school operators
○ Disburse funds according to approved budgets and based on achieving milestones
○ Receive and analyze reports from operators, prepare dashboards, schedule reviews
with IC, donors and other stakeholders.
● Knowledge and resource sharing :
○ Provide ongoing support (including resource selection, knowledge sharing, mentoring)
to selected school operators to enable them to be successful in the partnership model
○ Analyze trends across the operators, present findings and make recommendations for
○ Build partnerships with organisations in the education sector that will act as resources
○ Build a pipeline of potential donors (CSR, Foundations, HNIs, etc.), contact such
donors, and manage the fundraising process
○ Maintain donor relations by providing regular reports and updates and facilitating
donor engagement with RISE schools.
○ Hire and manage personnel in keeping with the size and scope of the RISE program.
○ Prepare and manage budgets for the RISE program.
○ Ensure compliance with all regulations applicable to Villgro in general and RISE in
○ Advocate for Villgro’s work in general and government school transformation in
particular at various forums and platforms (physical and virtual). Build Villgro’s and
RISE’s brand and reputation.
○ Participate in organizational activities such as monthly reviews, retreats, task forces,
etc., as scheduled from time to time.
○ Any other activities required to further the success of the RISE program.
○ Any other responsibilities assigned from time to time.
● Bachelor’s degree required, Master\’s degree preferred.
● At least 6-7 years experience in the development sector, of which at least 4 years should be in
education (Government / Affordable private school).
● Program management and grant administration experience required.
● Demonstrated commitment to social impact.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Self-starter, capable of taking leadership of managing and growing a program.
● Should be comfortable working without detailed supervision and working in a
non-hierarchical, collegial environment where decision making happens in a collaborative
● Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and manage a challenging
● Desire to build a long-term career with Villgro and in this field of work.
Compensation: Based on experience, highly competitive with social sector / development organizations.
Reporting to: President, India
How to apply:
Please share your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and use the subject line ‘Program Head – RISE ’