- San Francisco, Bay Area
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Submit a resume and cover letter at our application link.
- Where to Apply
YCore believes that equitable, systemic change requires solidarity between volunteers, donors, advocates, and people most affected by injustice. In their four-month, after-work program, young professionals build capacity for local nonprofits while also building the knowledge, community, and experience to become committed partners and advocates for community-based change. In seven years, YCore mobilized over 560+ young professionals (ages 22-35) who have donated 32,000+ hours through more than 80 strategic, capacity building projects with nonprofits in the Bay Area and Denver.
They are embarking on a new strategic plan to grow the size and quality of their programs, and they are looking for a new team member to help shape their organization’s future!
YCore’s Vision, Mission, and Values:
YCore exists to build solidarity across socioeconomic boundaries for a more just, inclusive, and equitable future. Their programs teach and train young professionals to be committed partners and advocates working towards community-based change.
The following values guide every piece of their organization, from their engagements with nonprofits, to their team project work, to their hiring.
YCore are empathetic.
YCore are committed.
YCore advocate for their communities.
YCore have fun!
Program Manager Overview
Their organization is embarking on an exciting new phase of growth, and YCore is focusing on:
– Training and activating a thriving community that has the foundational tools to practice solidarity and takes action to advance equity and justice
– Bringing high-value, capacity-building partnerships to community-based organizations focused on advancing equity and justice
Their new Program Manager—you!—will be at the center of these two key priorities. You will co-lead the day-to-day execution of their innovative social impact program, and be a critical partner in the expansion and creation of new programs and processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
Co-run YCore’s social impact fellowship programs in the Bay Area, and/or TBD expansion cities (Approximately 50% of the role)
– Facilitate intimate and engaging workshops in the Bay Area and/or virtually on topics including systems thinking, social justice, and fundraising
– Manage a growing community of diverse, passionate young professionals
– Work closely with the YCore team to support project teams, improve their curriculum, test new ideas, and scale their impact
– Support YCore’s scoping process, which works with volunteer Project Leads to identify and scope projects with local community-based organizations
Design and lead YCore’s marketing & outreach strategy (Approximately 40% of the role)
Identifying and executing on opportunities for them to grow their audience and reach their existing audience in new ways through email campaigns, in-person events, social media, press, and other channels
– Leading YCore’s program recruitment process in the Bay Area, Denver, and TBD expansion cities
– Reviewing, editing, and drafting content for written communications, including their monthly/quarterly newsletter, blog posts, emails, and event descriptions
– Managing ongoing marketing efforts, including content calendar, automation platforms, and social media posting
– Designing, updating, and creating branded materials and graphics, including program materials, slides, website content, and social media and event images
Provide additional strategic and administrative support to advance YCore’s strategic goals (approximately 10% of the role)
You definitely have:
– Deep passion for and commitment to YCore’s mission and values
– A comfort with exploring topics like social justice, equity, and privilege with YCore’s diverse stakeholders
– Excellent organization and self-management abilities and the ability to execute collaboratively and communicatively in a dynamic environment
– Experience working with nonprofits, either as a volunteer or full-time
– Ability to navigate ambiguity and take on new challenges with empathy and enthusiasm
– At least 2 years of full-time work experience
– Familiarity with digital marketing best practices: you can help assess what’s currently working in their organization and where they can focus on improving
You ideally have:
– Experience scoping and/or managing projects
– Experience public speaking and/or facilitating workshops
– 1-2 years experience in a small organization
– Experience working with young professionals
– Event experience
Why YCore is your dream job:
– You’ll have the opportunity to shape a young, growing nonprofit’s strategy, growth, and culture
– You can’t wait to directly support amazing nonprofit partners doing incredible work in the Bay Area and beyond
– You want to be part of a small, loving, and committed team
– Your professional network will expand overnight by working closely with YCore’s 450+ alumni fellows
– Their team is based in the Bay Area and works partially in person and partially from home
– Bay Area or Denver applicants strongly preferred, but excellent remote applicants considered
– Annual Salary of $65,000. Health, vision, and dental insurance, as well as generous PTO, are included
– Full time, including 4-6 evenings and approximately one weekend per month for workshops and events
– Preferred starting date: Early August 2021
YCore does not discriminate against or harass any person employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, pregnancy, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, age, or citizenship. This policy is intended to be consistent with the provisions of applicable State and Federal laws.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
The role requires prolonged use of a computer and eye-hand and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard and phone. It requires a normal range of hearing to communicate with partners and Fellows. Daily travel around the Bay Area will be necessary.
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume here:
YCore guarantee that all applications received by 11:59pm, on Wednesday, July 7th will be fully considered. All applications received afterwards will be considered on a rolling basis.
Questions? Please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “YCore Program Manager Job”.