Program Manager – Bamako
- Bamako, Mali
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others.
Mali is a thriving country, and Bamako is an international and diverse city of 2.5 million people, with a small-town feel. It is also home to myAgro’s headquarters and a team of 175 people. Team members based in Mali work closely with the executive team, and have the strongest trajectory for career development and growth. When not in the field or working, our team enjoys doing yoga in the national park, hiking, rock climbing, winning at ultimate frisbee, eating delicious and lazy brunches, listening to live music or checking out the latest international festival.
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
About Program Manager – Bamako
The Program Manager role, based in Bamako, is a new management role to support the launch and growth of myAgro’s rapid expansion from 18,000 farmers to 120,000 in the next 3 years. This includes directly managing 3-4 Program Associates and supporting a Regional Operations Manager responsible for field operations. Through your direct reports, you will be responsible for managing 40 – 50 field staff. You will also be responsible for providing input into the strategic plan for expansion within the region and developing a replicable model to export to other regions and countries based on the work your team implements. Reporting to the VP of Mali, you will lead the Bamako based R&D team that is responsible for testing new products, lowering customer acquisition costs, increasing farmer adoption and increasing impact.
Team Management: Manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and provide oversight and support to the wider team of 40 – 50 staff to support myAgro’s expansion efforts.
Operations Management: Independently manage the day-to-day operations of several myAgro field districts, including developing and implementing strategy and supporting wider R&D efforts. Help reduce bottlenecks, increase cross-team efficiency and communications.
Knowledge Management: Contribute to a knowledge center for replicating myAgro’s model in new regions; codify improved operational processes to simplify and scale myAgro’s model further.
R&D Lead: Lead strategic thinking on how myAgro can increase farmer savings, farmer income and myAgro’s reach by identifying and prioritizing trials.
Strategic Input: Be a key voice and provide input into the strategic plan for growth and expansion for myAgro’s operations company-wide based on your data analytics and deep understanding of myAgro’s field operations & customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- French and English proficiency
- At least 4 years of work experience with prior project and team management experience
- At least 2 years of international, developing country experience in a similar social enterprise or project management role with significant responsibility
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
This role is competitive – It is necessary to have proven experience that you are comfortable living in rural settings. Peace Corps Alumni and alumni from high-performing social enterprises (funded by DRK, Echoing Green or Mulago) are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Masters preferred but not required
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
Applications due by July 31st.
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
Submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter at https://myagro.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06v2h?cjb_hash=O_rHSA28&apply_now=true