Program Manager, Financial Sector Development
- William Davidson Institute
- Contact Information
- Interested persons who meet the above qualifications should submit a completed WDI “Application for Employment” form (available online at http://wdi.umich.edu/jobs) along with your resume and brief cover letter to Human Resources’ attention: email@example.com.
Our new Financial Sector Development (FSD) Initiative aims to identify and implement ways to profitably increase the access to capital in emerging economies. The FSD group focuses on both the wider use of existing financial instruments and the process of creating and adopting innovative financial contracts for intermediating funds and managing risk, FSD aims to bolster economic growth in emerging economies. To this end, FSD engages in applicable research and also engages institutional partners, faculty and students in projects designed to develop innovation mechanisms that lower the cost of capital.
This is a full-time, regular position and is a new addition to our staff. The successful candidate will work 40 hours or more per week; evening and weekend work may occur especially during travel.
- Plan, oversee, and coordinate administrative and operational activities of Financial Sector Development programs (both on and off campus) as well as long-term and short-term business objectives.
- Act as liaison for WDI with University of Michigan schools (e.g., Ross , etc.) and units concerning outreach programs, etc., spearheading relationship building and outreach on behalf of FSD.
- Work with WDI’s Development Consulting Services to identify relevant project opportunities and develop proposals
- Support research efforts of FSD research fellows.
- Prepare and monitor program budgets to analyze program financial performance and create strategies and recommend corrective actions as required.
- Work with the WDI’s Manager of Marketing to contribute to WDI’s overall marketing efforts, provide drafts for the creation of marketing materials to promote the Finance programs, etc.
- Create content and monitor the Finance pages of WDI’s website to insure that all information is accurate and up-to-date. Provide ongoing ideas for dynamic web content.
- Interact with Ross School of Business students on student opportunities within the initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or related field
- Seven years of experience; five years of experience in supervisor/management position(s)
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, faculty, staff, students, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain successful business relationships, able to prioritize and pay strict attention to detail when faced with a myriad of tasks, and initiative to work alone
- Strong team, interpersonal, and verbal/written English communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural settings, and ability to travel domestically and abroad
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Master’s degree in Finance, business administration or related field
- Experience with emerging market/developing economies is highly desirable
- Experience traveling or working abroad is highly desirable
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
We will discuss the compensation and benefits with those offered an interview. This position is eligible for WDI employee benefits package which includes a generous amount of paid time off, employer contribution to retirement, health, dental and life insurance.
The William Davidson Institute (WDI) is an affiliate of the University of Michigan (UM); WDI employees are not UM employees. WDI is a EOE.
Interested persons who meet the above qualifications should submit a completed WDI “Application for Employment” form (available online at http://wdi.umich.edu/jobs) along with your resume and brief cover letter to Human Resources’ attention: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THIS RECRUITING EFFORT:
WDI is very fortunate to receive a considerable number of applications from highly qualified individuals. We will contact applicants who best match the position requirements to begin the interview process. The Search Committee will review applications upon receipt. You may apply as long as this posting appears on our webpage: http://wdi.umich.edu/jobs. This posting will be removed from WDI’s website either once we have a signed offer from a successful candidate, or we feel we have received sufficient number of qualified responses.
WDI will email an acknowledgement of all WDI applications received with accompanying cover letter (within a few business days of receipt); subsequent contact will be limited to candidates invited to interview. No calls please.