Program Manager – Logistics
- Contact Information
At myAgro you will work harder and grow more than you dreamed possible. We are currently seeking dynamic and mission-oriented individuals ready to play a major role in reaching myAgro’s goal of serving 1 million farmers to increase their income by $1.50 a day by 2025.
Program Managers are leaders and high performers on myAgro’s team, focused on execution of a diverse program portfolio and management of staff. Program Managers independently and effectively carry out 5-8 projects, both field and office-based. Your responsibilities will also include managing Program Associates, office staff or field staff and you will invest in building your team’s capacity. You will operate in a fast-paced environment, managing competing priorities and deadlines, while effectively leading and developing a team of talented individuals.
In this role, you will independently set the direction and approach to your work through proactively designing solutions to complex organizational challenges. Program Managers understand the budget constraints, the necessity to build for scale, and the broad strategic implications of their work.
This Program Management role keeps our operations running smoothly. The focus of the role is to ensure our clients (the farmers) receive their inputs on time while increase the efficiency, adaptability, resilience, and ROI of the delivery system for myAgro. This is a crucial role to the team with our ambitious expansion plans. For the right candidate, there are opportunities in the future to expand the role regionally.
Requirements for the role include:
- Significant experience in logistics related roles
- Experience in supervising and managing others in a logistics capacity (preferably in Africa)
- Experience in supply chain management, e.g. needs assessment, order management, purchasing, stock management and freight management
- Experience with organization and set-up of supply administration and related supply procedures
- Warehouse management skills
- Familiarity in negotiating with businesses and officials in a developing nation
Are you the right fit?
At least four years of work experience and prior management experience
Why? myAgro relies on Program Managers to participate in making key decisions and to contribute to strategy development. Drawing on a deep past work experience, Program Managers are able to create new solutions to help us meet our goals towards impact, scale, and sustainability. Background in building and expanding programs is crucial as myAgro is growing exponentially.
Passion for our mission
Why? Living in West Africa certainly has its challenges. However, for individuals who are passionate about supporting smallholder farmers and how our layaway savings model can change the face of subsistence farming, living here can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. As a Program Manager, team members will look to you to model and reinforce myAgro’s values.
Strong managerial skills
Why? You will be managing a diverse and growing team, tasked with delivering ambitious targets in a challenging environment. You will demand outstanding results from your team by providing the right guidance and direction, corrective feedback, and technical know-how. You will invest in your team’s capacity development to work yourself out of a job. Your team’s professional development and advancement will be a key metric for your success.
Outstanding project management skills
Why? myAgro is detail-oriented, data-driven, and farmer-focused while executing on complex calendars and within tight deadlines. Program Managers are comfortable creating and proposing plans based off of data and feedback from farmers, staff, and the executive team. You will need excellent process design, execution, and delegation skills, which you will work to pass on to your team members.
Humility and learning from failure
Why? We actively listen to feedback from farmers and make adjustments. We have the courage to review, reshape and reimagine what could be and we move forward with a sweet mix of humility and excitement. We’re humble enough to admit that we made mistakes and have the humility to start from scratch when needed. Program Managers coach team members to learn from failure. Managers exhibit excellent judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making skills in course corrections.
Flexibility and team-oriented resourcefulness
Why? We have made strides as an organization but we are still very young which means we come together as a team when the team needs it. If someone is out or if we are short staffed, we need a leader who will step in to help fill in the gaps and lead the rest of the team to do the same. We need team members who can not only roll with the punches, but do so with grace and humility. Program Managers are able to proactively identify resource gaps in advance and plan accordingly.
Decisiveness and curiosity
Why? This role is critical to our success and ability to meet our ambitious goals. You will call on your ability to get things done, in the most trying of circumstances with limited resources. Working through these problems will challenge and grow you – for all of the right reasons. We never stop wondering at myAgro. We do not have time to be stagnant. Program Managers define what success looks like for their teams and hold them accountable for results. Managers are able to contextualize today’s work in myAgro’s long-term strategy.
Parlez-vous français ?
Why? Much of West Africa’s official language is French. It is the language we conduct business in, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro.
Required Qualifications, Competencies or Experience
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- French and English proficiency
- At least 4 years work experience and prior management experience
- At least one year of international living experience in a developing country
- Strategic thought process, sound judgment
- Strong decision-making capabilities based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
- Excellent project management skills
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Innovative and entrepreneurial nature
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
- Compensation competitive with other social enterprises
- Flights to, and transitional housing in West Africa
- Excellent global health benefits, including dental, vision and emergency insurance
- Language lessons stipend provided to learn the local languages, or for French refresher courses (applicants must already demonstrate French proficiency)
- Flexible work schedule and generous vacation benefits
- Opportunity to build a broad local and international professional network
- Opportunity to attend internal and external trainings to build your skills and knowledge
- Chance to see your ideas and contributions implemented
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming
You will have frequent opportunities to participate in professional development activities and will receive significant mentorship and coaching from your manager. This is a position where successful candidates will have the opportunity to be promoted quickly with room for additional responsibilities and independence to innovate.