Program Manager – Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- 17 Triggers: Marketing for Good Causes
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Want to be part of building one of the world's most innovative social companies? Join us in Cambodia.
Hi, we're 17 Triggers.
We do marketing for good causes. That's right, 100% good causes. Whether it's triggering Cambodian farmers to triple their crop yields, Zambian children to finish school, or rural Haitians to buy solar lights and cookstoves, we help good causes use the best practices of the world's most disruptive companies – lean research and strategy, design thinking, rapid prototyping, service design, A/B testing, and behavioral science – to create an even greater impact, faster and more effectively.
Based in sunny Cambodia and doing work globally, we've worked on 75 projects in 15 countries in a variety of sectors from health, sanitation, water, education, agriculture/food security, financial literacy, mobile money, women's empowerment, climate change, family planning, safe migration, child marriage, and more. Past clients include UNICEF Global, DAI, iDE, Population Services International, The Global Fund, PIN, Friends-International, Lucky Iron Fish, and MTV EXIT.
We need your help.
In the last 5 years, 17 Triggers has grown organically from 3 people to a team of 20. Now we're ready to scale and need A+ talent to help us. In the next 5 years we plan to grow to be a serious global player and start launching hubs in multiple countries around the world. Looking for a new challenge and want to help us kick things off from Cambodia? Let's see if you're a good fit.
The job at a glance.
As the Program Manager, think of yourself like our ultimate 'Maestro.' While our orchestra of researchers, creatives, and designers are talented, things can fall apart without a Maestro leading them, and our clients, throughout our process. In other words we need someone who can make sure all the 'notes' – launch meetings, internal reviews, brief approvals, etc – are hit at the right time with the perfect tone.
In addition to guiding the orchestra, equally important are the clients – the audience that pays for the show. For most clients it's their first time working with a creative firm. Some clients find it very exciting. Others have unrealistic expectations of what is possible. Some are even skeptical and scared to try new things. With this in mind, you are responsible for making our clients feel confident they are in good hands. It's about leading them on a journey and making sure every call, email, and meeting is an incredible, 'breath of fresh air' experience.
A few of the key roles and responsibilities.
Client Communication and Management
- Build and manage client services tools and templates to streamline operations as we prepare for multiple country expansion.
- Manage and communicate effectively with clients throughout the entire project from launch to close.
- Communicate and align expectations, scope, and deliverables with clients at project kick-off.
- Keep the project within the agreed upon parameters throughout the project cycle.
- Manage submission of all deliverables and reporting requirements that fit both our team's and our client's standards (including reporting to UN and EU type clients).
- Manage multiple project timelines and budgets.
- Build and manage 'Project and Team Dashboards', keeping a constant bird's eye view on your projects' and project teams' statuses.
- Monitor daily tasks executed by our team and client, relentlessly following up in a positive way to make sure deadlines are hit and that the team is working in harmony.
- Monitor the quality controls steps in our business process are taking place.
- Manage project logistics including cash advances for travel, venue set-up, transportation, accommodation bookings, per diems and other supporting tasks to ensure a seamless project execution.
Think you have what it takes? Here's what we require.
- You have 7+ years experience managing multiple clients and teams at a big ad agency, production house, service design, design thinking, or innovation firm.
- You are super organized, yet incredibly flexible, and cool under pressure.
- You know how to take charge, rally teams, and deliver projects on time.
- You are a breath of fresh air, have a sense of humor, and are fun to be around.
- Work experience in a developing country (esp. in Asia or Africa).
- You have had nonprofits, governments, or NGOs type clients.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Bonus: Fluent in Khmer language.
Why work for 17 Triggers?
People don't come here to have a comfy paid job and maintain the status quo. They come to 17 Triggers because they believe that the development industry is in need of some seriously disruptive, new, and creative ideas. Want to raise the bar in the development industry? We may just be the change you need.
How to apply
Send us the following by October 12th, 2015 at 6 PM ICT to email@example.com. Write 'I am your new Program Manager' in the subject line.
- Your CV.
- A 2-3 minute video telling us why you want to work for 17 Triggers. No need to be a fancy video, we really just want to see your personality and hear your answer.
Note: As much as we'd like to, we cannot respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Check out more information at 17triggers.com.