Program Manager – Sikasso
- Sikasso, Mali
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others.
About Mali & Sikasso
Mali is a thriving country, and Bamako is an international and diverse city of 2.5 million people, with a small-town feel. It is also home to myAgro’s headquarters and a team of 175 people. Team members based in Mali work closely with the executive team and have the strongest trajectory for career development and growth. Sikasso, Mali is a peaceful, semi-tropical town and is the agriculture hub of Mali. Expansion in this region is essential to myAgro’s strategic growth plan. When not in the field or working, our team enjoys doing yoga in the national park, hiking, rock climbing, winning at ultimate frisbee, eating delicious and lazy brunches, listening to live music or checking out the latest international festival.
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment
About Program Manager – Sikasso
The Program Manager role, based in Sikasso, is a new management role to support the launch and growth of myAgro’s new regional expansion in Sikasso, Mali. This includes directly managing two Program Associates and a Regional Operations Manager responsible for direct program implementation and scaling through partnerships with Oxfam and Stromme Foundation amongst others. Through your three direct reports, you will be responsible for managing 40 – 50 field staff. You will also be responsible for providing input into the strategic plan for expansion within the region and developing a replicable model to export to other regions and countries based on the work your team implements in Sikasso. Reporting to the VP of Mali, you will lead the Sikasso-based team that is responsible for managing 80% of myAgro’s future expansion in Mali. Core responsibilities of this role include:
Operations Management: Independently manage the day-to-day operations of this growing and important region for myAgro; including developing and implementing strategy and supporting wider R&D efforts.
Team Management: Manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and provide oversight and support to the wider team of 40 – 50 staff to support myAgro’s expansion efforts.
Knowledge Management: Design a knowledge center for replicating myAgro’s model in new regions; codify improved operational processes to simplify and scale myAgro’s model further.
Partnerships Lead: Lead reporting and management on the ground with key partners in coordination with the partnerships team and CEO.
Strategic Input: Be a key voice and provide input into the strategic plan for growth and expansion for myAgro’s operations company-wide based on your data analytics and deep understanding of myAgro’s field operations & customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- French and English proficiency
- At least 4 years of work experience with prior project and team management experience
- At least 2 years of international, developing country experience working in a similar social enterprise or project management role with significant responsibility
- Proven ability to work independently on important projects
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
This role is competitive – It is necessary to have proven experience that you are comfortable living in rural settings. Peace Corps Alumni and alumni from high-performing social enterprises (funded by DRK, Echoing Green or Mulago) are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Masters preferred but not required
- Strong MS Office experience, particularly using Excel
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on data analytics
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
- Compensation is competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming