Program Manager – Thies
- Thies, Senegal
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers and increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative mobile-layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed and training to increase the amount of money they earn from their farm.
Small-scale farmers across the globe make up 70% of the world’s poor. Our model increases farm income, reduces food insecurity, and helps farmers move out of poverty. We’ve grown from 240 farmers to over 15,000 in the last 4 years and have plans to rapidly scale in the coming years.
We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others.
At myAgro, we don’t offer your average 9-5 job. We are a fast-paced, start up social enterprise looking for determined, creative problem-solvers who want to make a true difference. We take immense pride in our work, and we believe in our mission. Hear our founder talk about our innovative model or learn more about what it takes to be great fit.
At myAgro you will work harder and grow more than you dreamed possible. We are currently seeking dynamic and mission-oriented individuals ready to play a major role in reaching myAgro’s goal of serving 1 million farmers to increase their income by $1.50 a day by 2025.
Program Managers are leaders and high performers on myAgro’s team, focused on execution of a diverse program portfolio and management of staff. Program Managers independently and effectively carry out 5-8 projects, both field and office-based. You will operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling competing priorities and deadlines, while effectively leading and developing a team of talented Program Associates, office staff and/or field staff. You will invest in building your team’s capacity to work yourself out of a job.
In this role, you will independently set the direction and approach to your work through proactively designing solutions to complex organizational challenges. Program Managers understand the budget constraints, the necessity to build for scale, and the broad strategic implications of their work.
Your exact mix of projects and direct reports will depend on your background and program needs.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- At least four years of work experience and prior management experience, preferably in a similar fast-growth social enterprise.
- Two years experience working and living in a developing country
- French and English proficiency – Business in Mali and Senegal is conducted in French, so being proficient in French is a requirement at myAgro.
- Strong managerial skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strategic thought process and strong decision-making capabilities based on quantitative and qualitative assessments
- Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary for success
- Compensation is modest, but will be competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flights in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits and 4 weeks of annual vacation
- Stipend for local language lessons
- Tons of karmic good – you’ll be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming
To apply: Submit your resume and thoughtful cover letter at https://myagro.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk06v2u?cjb_hash=O_RvWv78&apply_now=true.