Project and Accounts Manager
- Accra, Ghana
- Job Type
- 2-year contract
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About the Role
As the Project and Accounts Manager, you will use your talent and experience to build and maintain long-term, trusting relationships with our customers across West Africa. The Project and Accounts Manager’s role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers and projects, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. You wil alsol be responsible for organizing and implementing current project work plans, and ensuring that on the ground operations run smoothly.
This role will play an important part in our operational success, growth, and expansion into new markets. As the Project and Accounts Manager you will often be the face of the organization for customers, partners, and at events. We are looking for someone who is both a natural communicator and an organizational guru. You are a fast learner with a passion for delivering only the best results for your team and customers.
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
• Create and implement projects throughout entire lifecycle, managing timelines, work plans and staffing, ensuring the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
• Develop trusted relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement
• Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
• Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
• Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
• Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
• Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
• Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
• Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field, MBA/Masters desired
• Well-organized, with strong administrative skills and outstanding attention to detail.
• Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment, with the capacity to remain flexible and adapt to change.
• Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to manage work independently, multitask and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines.
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality. Cultural sensitivity and demonstrated ability to work diplomatically with diverse constituencies.
• Fluent in English, with French language ability desired
• Intellectual agility, curiosity, and creativity; problem-solving is your default mode
What we offer you
To be part of a dynamic team in an exciting environment. Due to our lean operations and rapid growth you will get access to greater learnings, freedom, and responsibilities than most companies could offer. Each person plays a significant role in the company and is treated accordingly with a great amount of respect and appreciation.
Some additional perks are also part of the deal – like delicious meals cooked by our own wonderful chef every day for lunch, or the warm sunsets that can be enjoyed from our office’ balcony….not to mention the beautiful beaches of Ghana where we usually head out to on weekends!
Please apply on the Workable website. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Ignitia is a high-technology company and social enterprise that has recently developed the world’s first highly accurate tropical weather forecast model. We serve small-scale farmers in West Africa by sending a daily forecast provided in partnership with major telecommunication firms and agricultural B2B organisations.
We started in 2010 as a new research team in physics & meteorology, gathered from different renowned universities and research institutions such as NASA. We set out to tackle the difficult problem of accurately predicting weather in the tropics. It wasn’t easy.
After years of painstaking efforts in developing the algorithms and model, we finally had something we wanted to test in the field. Our first trial in 2013 offered 3,400 small-scale farmers in Ghana seasonal, monthly and daily weather forecasts. A mere eight farmers opted out of the service during the season and our accuracy rate was measured at 82%, as compared to the current standard of 39%.
We made it – a reliable tropical weather forecast was born!
For the first time, rural small-scale farmers in West Africa are the first clients of a major technology innovation. We like that … and we’re just getting started!