Project Assistant – Asia
- Medic Mobile
- India (Mumbai); Indonesia (Jakarta, Bali) or Bangladesh (Dhaka)
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Medic Mobile designs, delivers, and supports world-class software for health workers who provide care in the hardest-to-reach communities. Our software is free, open-source, and deployed at scale in the last mile of healthcare. Evidence-based workflows come together in the software to support health workers and families, helping to ensure safe deliveries, track outbreaks, treat illnesses at the doorstep, communicate about emergencies, and more. We envision a more just world in which health workers are supported as they provide care for their neighbors, universal health coverage is a reality, and health is secured as a human right.
By the end of 2017, Medic Mobile was supporting a network of more than 20,000 frontline health workers. In our next phase of growth, we are scaling through large partnerships and reaching out to health organizations with minimal resources. We aim to support health workers serving 100 million people between 2017 and 2021. Our global team supports more than 60 partners across 23 countries, with offices in San Francisco, Nairobi, and Kathmandu. Medic Mobile brings a wide range of experience and creative solutions to complex problems, building and delivering technology that works for people who have been marginalized. We are searching for a Project Assistant, Asia to contribute to our team, mission, and impact.
Project Assistant, Asia
This is a unique opportunity to support the implementation and management of Medic Mobile’s deployments alongside key partners in Asia.
● Employment Status: Full-time for a minimum of 1 year
● Location: India (Mumbai); Indonesia (Jakarta, Bali) or Bangladesh (Dhaka)
● Position Title: Project Assistant
● Report to: Asia Regional Director
This position will support the management of Medic Mobile’s projects in India, Indonesia and other
countries within Asia, and is cross-functional, requiring coordination across several groups within
Medic Mobile including partnerships, product, design, impact and research.
● Direct and manage assigned projects in India, Indonesia and other countries within the
● Coordinate testing, implementation, ongoing project support, and monitoring of Medic
Mobile tools for and with partners.
● Prepare training materials and deliver trainings for end users including partner facility and
● Set and continually manage project expectations with team members (including designers,
technical team, partnerships team, operations) and other project stakeholders (including
medicmobile.org | We are all health workerspartner organization\’s project manager, community leaders, community members, IT
department, project field staff).
● Document project activities through regular internal and partner-facing reports as well as
other deliverables for social media.
● Build, develop, and grow partner relationships vital to the success of the projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor\’s degree in public health, project management, public policy, international
development, social sciences or related fields
● 2+ years’ experience in project management
● Experience working in Asia with marginalized communities in social impact programmes
● Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with colleagues at all levels and
partner staff including managers, health facility staff and community health workers
● Excellent computer skills
● Experience in conducting trainings
● Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
● Be adaptable, inquisitive, and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced,
growing and diverse team with a start-up atmosphere
● Have a strong customer service orientation that establishes a good working relationship
● Exhibit empathy and respect for other cultures
● Willingness to travel to project implementation sites in Asia up to 50% of the time
● Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and at least 1 regional
language (preferably Hindi, Bengali or Bahasa Indonesia)
If this role inspires and intrigues you, please submit a resume, cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com with “Project Assistant – Asia ” in the subject line. Applications without all components will not be considered. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The ideal start date for this position is March 1 at the latest and earlier if possible.