- Ghana Sweden Chamber of Commerce
- Accra, Ghana
- Job Type
- Part time employment contract
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- If this sounds like the perfect job opportunity and a dream come true to be part of a young but growing NGO with international relations, then send us your CV and cover letter by Email Not later than 30th September 2020 to GSCC Project Manager at email@example.com For further information call +233 548704401
- Where to Apply
The Project ´Developing a thriving and inclusive Green Economy in Ghana´ is implemented by a consortium of four organizations led by Inclusive Business Sweden (IBS), with Ghana Sweden Chamber of Commerce (GSCC), YMCA Ghana and Social Enterprise Ghana (SEG) as partners and Sweden-West Africa Business Association (SWABA) as associate partner. Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons based in Ghana for the position of PROJECT COORDINATOR.
The Project is funded by EU within the ´European Union Emergency Trust Fund for Africa´, and focus on environmental sustainability, and women and returnees empowerment, through capacity building and job and MSMEs creation in the Environmentally Sustainable sectors of Plastic Waste Management, Organic Waste Management, and Forestry Management.
The position is hired by GSCC, employment conditions are based on Ghanaian labour market regulations and conditions. More information about GSCC is found at the end of the posting and for further information about the lead partner IBS and co-partners see links above.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
They are looking for an organised and entrepreneurial individual with attention to detail who will coordinate the general implementation of project activities and provide management support.
The post holder will be required to assure the implementation, administration and monitoring of Project plans as per assigned activities, rules, deadlines and budget by the team leader.
The post holder will have a dual report line to the Project Director (Inclusive Business Sweden) and to the GSCC Manager.
The Project Coordinator will work in strict collaboration with Project Managers of the specific Project activity lines (industry workshops, job fairs, vocational trainings, job search support, MSMEs mentoring, visibility and monitoring) from the different organizations part of the consortium, and will assure coordination in implementation and consolidation of results across these different lines, and provide cross-activity administration and logistic support. They are looking for someone who works well within a team, who will readily provide support to colleagues and management where required and can use their own initiative.
A flexible approach to the role is essential in order to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will also include detail activities of planning, keeping financial and implementing records, and writing reports.
• Overall coordination of the Project Activities
• Plans and implements administrative support of Project and Activities.
• Plans and implements logistics and procurement support to all project Activities, as requested/agreed with Project Director and Project Managers.
• Assists the Project Managers in implementing specific actions as requested.
• Supports Project Visibility Manager in his/her activities.
• Defines together with Project Director the templates for documenting the Project advancement.
Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project advancement data/documentation from Project Managers.
• Defines together with Project Director templates for tracking and documenting project expenses. Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project expenses and related documentation from Project Managers.
• Defines together with Project Monitoring Manager templates for tracking project KPIs. Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project KPIs data from Project Managers.
• Regularly updates with project Managers on their Activity advancements, organizes weekly overall project advancement meeting, produces weekly simple project report (actions/expenses).
• Identifies and flags out any problem, inconsistency, bottleneck, delay, etc. across the project actions. Participates in finding related solution.
• Identifies Project internal capacity issues and plan related solution.
• Identifies and fulfils any legal requirement the Project has to comply with in Ghana (liaise with Vocational Training Project Manager and stakeholders to advance official recognition of Project vocational training in Ghana).
• Develops and maintains relationship with Project stakeholders. Represents the Project as needed in public occasions as per Project rules.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Passion for Sustainability and women empowerment
• Master’s degree with 5 years relevant work experience of Bachelor’s degree with 8 years relevant work experience
• Very good mastering of spoken and written English
• Basic bookkeeping and IT working know-how
• Good administration skills
• Experience in projects focusing on women/returnees and/or sustainability, capacity building, MSMEs and job creation
• Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined plan, budget, and timeline
• Proven ability of working on an international project, an international NGO or multi national organisation
• Experience in following projects through the full life cycle
• Excellent analytical skills with hands-on attitude
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and decision-making skills
• Energetic, resourceful and do what it takes to get the job done
• Hungry to learn and actively look for opportunities to contribute
• Handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
• Ability to build long-lasting relationship skills
• Proven ability to solve problems creatively
• Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Job location is in Accra, Ghana.
The position is based on a contract for a total period of 15 months between the last quarter of 2020 and 2022.
Willingness to travel within Ghana as needed by Project implementation (about 10% time).
ABOUT THE HIRING ORGANISATION
The Ghana Sweden Chamber of Commerce (GSCC) was registered as a Limited Liability
Company in May 2014. After operating a little over three years, it was re-registered as a non-profit organization registered as a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Code of Ghana, Acts 179, 1963, on 15th November 2017. The chamber is a member organisation with the primary objective of promoting business relations between Ghana and Sweden.
ABOUT THE PROJECT PARTNERS
Inclusive Business Sweden
Inclusive Business Sweden is a Swedish NGO working with the private sector to scale innovative and inclusive business models in developing markets. We deliver direct business services and impact programmes, bringing together private, public and civil society actors locally and globally.
The mission of YMCA Ghana is ´To enhance the development of the minds, bodies and spirit of young people in Ghana in order to make them productive and useful citizens.´. Ghana YMCA traces its history to 1890. Since then, the association has spread its tentacles to many cities, towns and villages in the country engaging thousands of Ghanaians in meaningful pastimes, volunteer services and community animation.
Social Enterprise Ghana
SEG is the network of high-impact entrepreneurs in Ghana, working together with partners to strengthen Ghana’s social enterprise eco-system
SWABA is a business association registered in Sweden, with the primary aim of promoting
business between Sweden and the West African sub-region. SWABA provides to Swedish
businesses with potential interest in the West African sub-region indepth knowledge about
economic potential, cultural diversities, critical success factors in in the countries in the subregion.