Project Development Analyst
- World Tree Technologies, Inc.
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please see details on our website
- Where to Apply
World Tree is seeking an individual to join our Business Development department, which develops new Empress Tree projects. This position is an incredible opportunity to contribute to the growth of World Tree and our impact in the world. We are seeking a Team Member who shares in our commitment to a better world.
This role will serve as an integral part to World Tree’s Business Development department and requires a highly motivated individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conducting research relevant to new project leads, project developers, project owners, relevant regulatory regimes and policies related to forestry and carbon sectors
* Assisting in the development of proposals, term sheets and presentation decks
* Supporting the creation and preparation of contracts with project owners, investors and partners
* Collecting data for due diligence, technical, financial and legal documentation and supporting due diligence processes
* Market research and the preparation of white papers to support World Tree’s business and project development
* Supporting coordination and collaboration with other teams within World Tree regarding project leads, opportunities and development
* Maintaining contact and project databases to ensure information on project leads, developments and opportunities are well recorded
* Proactive networking with relevant organizations including attending relevant gatherings and conferences and other events that are strategic for sourcing team activities
* An MBA (or other relevant degree) with at least 2 years experience in business development
* Excellent communication and presentation skills, including proficiency with PowerPoint and/or Keynote; ability to use Adobe InDesign an asset but not a requirement
* Passionate about working in impact investing and climate change
* Strong analytical, statistical and critical thinking skills paired with the ability to visualize information in a meaningful manner
* Strong financial skills, including fluency with Excel formulas and functions
* Ability to work independently and remotely, high-degree of self-initiative and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to think critically, analyze data, and effectively communicate issues and opportunities
* Be a results-driven achiever with excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
* Have comfort dealing with ambiguity
* Be ambitious and excited by the challenge of first-of-kind projects
* Competitive salary
* Remote working environment (in-person Los Angeles office also available)
* Generous holiday, paid sick leave and vacation days
* 80% company-paid Medical, dental and vision insurance
* 401k with company match
* Flexible hours and schedule
* Positive impact on the planet
* Empowering company culture
* Tremendous team of colleagues to collaborate with and learn from
Commensurate with experience and education. World Tree offers a full benefit package that includes stock options.
About World Tree
World Tree (www.worldtree.eco) is a group of investors, farmers, scientists and activists who are committed to a new kind of forestry. We believe that you don’t have to sell your soul – or sell out on the planet – to make a sound investment. Our innovations in forestry can help solve some of the world’s toughest problems.
World Tree creates regenerative tree farming projects in North and Latin America in partnership with farmers and other landowners. Our programs are designed to create community, provide new revenue streams for farmers, rebuild the soil, help reverse global warming and protect forests. Our projects are at the cutting edge of regenerative forestry, creating a new way of meeting the needs of a growing hardwood market based on sustainable carbon forestry.
Here’s more about us!
* Profit-focused approach to meeting the climate crisis head-on
* Produces valuable hardwood lumber to meet the needs of an $87 billion US market
* Generates nature-based carbon offsets which attract highest market value
* Experienced team with over 7 million acres of combined Forestry experience
* Tangible projects that yield returns for decades
Please send your resume and cover letter to World Tree’s HR Manager, Kara Henschel, at email@example.com