Project Director – Crowdfunding Platform
- The Community Fund of Darien
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Are you a tech-savvy entrepreneurial individual with an eye on making a positive social impact? The Community Fund of Darien seeks a Project Director for a new crowdfunding initiative. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a start-up and harness your business development and project management skills to strengthen the nonprofit sector in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
Working with a web development team, the Project Director will create, launch, and operate an interactive giving platform to connect donors with socially impactful projects of nonprofits in Fairfield County, Connecticut. You will collaborate with key stakeholders to design content and develop processes to ensure the successful on-going operation of the platform.
The Project Director must have the ability to be the public face and leader of the project and cultivate relationships within the nonprofit and philanthropic communities while at the same time being comfortable and effective in a collaborative role with the Crowdfunding Committee.
This project is being incubated by the Community Fund of Darien and the support of the Crowdfunding Committee, Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, and funders and philanthropists in Fairfield County.
The Community Foundation of Darien is an independent, local, volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organization that addresses health and human service needs. The nonprofit is dedicated and committed to building a healthy community in Darien, Norwalk and Stamford by
• assisting the community to identify and prioritize its needs;
• providing cost effective fundraising;
• pursuing responsible, conscientious and strategic allocation of funds to meet identified community needs;
• assuring accountability of human service providers;
• fostering collaborative efforts to deliver services; and
• keeping the community informed about efforts to meet these needs.
Work closely with the Crowdfunding Committee, web development team, and nonprofits to launch and then manage the day-to-day operations of the crowdfunding platform.
Leadership, Management and Collaboration
• Lead and manage all business, financial, programmatic, administrative and operational activities of the project.
• Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track the progress and ensure, in coordination with web development team and the nonprofits, that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
• Assist in the definition of the scope and objectives of projects, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility (with web development team).
• Help further develop marketing plan (to both the potential nonprofits and donors) and execute the plan.
• Manage nonprofit relationships including recruiting and onboarding nonprofits, vetting the quality of projects, posting projects on the website, and ensuring alignment with set objectives.
• Track progress of donations to each project posted by a nonprofit to help ensure timely completion.
• Oversee accounting for all financial transactions and fulfillment with the bookkeeper.
• Serve as the liaison with the web development team to answer questions from nonprofits and donors.
• Approve all “thank you” letters from nonprofits and verify distribution to donors.
• Update the Chair of the Crowdfunding Committee on a periodic basis and involve him/her in the process of making all significant decisions.
Qualifications and Qualities
• Innovative, entrepreneurial spirit; a self-starter.
• Experience with crowdfunding and or willingness to learn the benefits of crowdfunding/using technology to solve social problems.
• A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated work experience including project management experience, business development and/or marketing.
• Leadership skills and ability to manage and motivate others toward a common goal.
• Analytical skills and ability to solve problems as they arise.
• Experience in a hands-on small team environment.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with volunteers, committee members, nonprofit leaders, and vendors.
• Demonstrated understanding of nonprofit organizations and the social sector.
• Familiarity with Fairfield County, Connecticut.
• Highly organized and attentive to detail.
• This position allows a flexible work environment, but requires a presence in the Fairfield County region to meet with the project team and stakeholders.
• It is a 30 hours per week salaried position. Salary commensurate with experience.
• This position reports to the Executive Director of The Community Fund of Darien.
• Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume by May 31, 2016 to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries please.
• In the resume, please ensure that your core competencies, differentiating attributes, and key experiences related to the position are clearly noted.
To learn more about the Community Fund of Darien go to http://www.communityfunddarien.org