Project Manager – Business Incubation
- Cape Town, South Africa
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please apply by filling out a application form here: https://fs8.formsite.com/fetola2011/form137/index.html?1558336484634
- Where to Apply
Fetola are South Africa’s leading business growth professionals, specialising in the globally critical small business sector. Our purpose is simple, and exciting: We help people to grow the economy and create jobs by building businesses that last; working across sectors and countrywide. We are all about people, planet and performance and we want to recruit and nurture the highest quality people, whose personal vision is to excel as individuals and to make a difference by actively contributing to building a better future for themselves and others.
We’re looking for an energetic, dynamic and multi-skilled project manager to head up a new Social Enterprise Accelerator. This exciting pilot programme will scale 25 promising South African Social Enterprises (SE) to help resolve three burning South African challenges: poverty, inclusive economic growth, and sustainable job creation. As specialists in the successful growth of social enterprises, this cohesive, cost-effective, and well-managed solution will drive sustainable results and create lasting positive social and economic impact – making a difference to the entrepreneurs, their employees and to South Africa as a whole.
• Tertiary qualification in Business Management, Business Science, Entrepreneurship, Economics or related
• 3 + years’ prior work experience as Junior Project Manager in the field of SME growth / incubation
• Design, planning and implementation of new projects
• Excellent spoken and written English
• Financial understanding, budget development and business planning capabilities
• Advanced computer skills including MS Office Suite
• Industry 4 capabilities & passion for integrating technology into future expansion
• Innovative, agile and strategic thinking and strong leadership capabilities
• Knowledge of SME growth programmes and excellent industry networks – Advantageous
• Entrepreneurial / own business experience – Advantageous
Duties include but not limited to:
• Project Management in small business sector
• Design, planning & implementation of incubation initiative, including risk
• Project & Stakeholder Relationship Manager – liaison & building relationships with clients, partners & funders
• Financial Project Management – budget development and project financial planning
• Contract Management – identification, contracting and management of part time consultants
• Systems Management: development, maintenance & review of project management systems
• Monitoring and Evaluation – Project performance
• Project Administration: including requisite reporting for programme, department & projects- internally & for external stakeholders
• Support with Strategic Communications – sharing / contributing to content stemming from projects
• Contribute to strategic growth of organisation
• Candidates should have advanced project implementation skills, including resource and time management
• Ability to implement practical and comprehensive solutions that have long term impact
• Have a passion and skill in integrating new technologies
• Must be performance driven with a relentless desire for continual improvement
• Be meticulous, detail-orientated and self-motivated; able to prioritise and manage own time.
• The ability to listen to, understand and follow instructions, and the willingness to be proactive and self-reliant.
• Inherent in the Fetola culture is continual improvement and innovation and you are encouraged to contribute ideas that could improve our collective performance.
Thank you for expressing interest in Fetola! Kindly take note of the following points when applying for our job opportunities:
• Our recruitment process takes between 2 – 4 weeks depending on the number of applications received
• We will only consider applicants who have completed the Fetola application form
• If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application
unsuccessful. However, we encourage all applicants to keep an eye on our vacancies page for future opportunities for which you may be better suited
• Due to volumes of applications, we will only be in contact with shortlisted candidates
We look forward to your application – good luck!
Please check closing dates on each advert
The HR Team