Project Manager, Department of Project Evaluation
- Crea Comunidades de Emprendedores Sociales, A.C.
- Mexico City, MX
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Crea Comunidades de Emprendedores Sociales, A.C. is a non-profit founded in 2008 that develops and implements unique and customized programs to empower and strengthen women entrepreneurs and businesswomen from socially and economically marginalized areas in Mexico. We respond to the needs of these women utilizing a participatory and practical methodology, complemented with personalized services.
The Department of Project Evaluation ensures that our strategic partners have access to the information they need to evaluate our progress towards established project goals. This department also develops internal reports to aid in performance and quality analysis. Finally, Project Evaluation coordinates the development and maintenance of Crea’s information management systems, as well as the design and complementation of internal and external research projects.
The Project Manager supports the Evaluation Director in his/her various responsibilities, principally in daily tasks such as coordinating fieldwork and distribution of reports to strategic partners.
This position is part-time, with an initial contract period of three months. The contract may be renewed and/or responsibilities increased depending on the performance of the candidate and available funding. Initial time commitment will be 25-30 hours per week, with a flexible schedule.
- Train and coordinate a team of volunteers conducting follow-up surveys by telephone, as part of the organization’s monitoring process.
- Assist the Department of Development in sending periodic reports to strategic partners (the Project Manager will notbe responsible for designing these reports).
- Review logs from Crea’s internal reporting system (Stata-based) and assist the Evaluation Director in error correction.
- Occasionally assist the Evaluation Director in other projects, such as the design and implementation of special research projects for donors or internal users.
Required experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Economics, Public Administration, Information Management, or similar, with 1-3 years of experience. Masters preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple regression.
- Fieldwork experience with quantitative and/or qualitative methods.
- Knowledge of Stata and Excel. Candidates with substantial experience in other statistical programs, or programming, may also apply.
- Intermediate knowledge of English, advanced knowledge of Spanish.
- Ability to write and reason clearly and concisely.
- Solution oriented: able to work independently and under pressure, and suggest courses of action to solve problems.
Optional qualifications. Candidates with any of the following will be given preference:
- Training in Project evaluation, qualitative methods, advanced statistics (ANCOVA, non-linear methods, etc.), forecasting, and/or time series modeling.
- Advanced or bilingual English speakers.
- Advanced knowledge of Stata and/or experience with data visualization programs (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
- Familiarity with Google Drive and/or Microsoft Office.
To apply: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 22 at 11:59PM with the subject “Gerente de proyecto, evaluación de programas”, and the following attachments:
- Cover letter (200 words max)
- CV (1 page max)
- Example of coding in a statistical program, at least 400 lines long. If Stata, can be .do or .smcl file. Otherwise, .txt or .pdf. Examples that include some form of output are appreciated.
Applications that do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered. Please do not call. Questions can be sent in Spanish by email to email@example.com con with the subject “DUDA: Gerente de proyecto, evaluación de programas”.