Project Manager, Impact Investing
- San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
- Job Type
- Six Month Contract Initially
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include investment strategy, investment product development, market intelligence and due diligence, strategic advice, and thought leadership.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading investment firms and foundations active in impact investing. Tideline was founded in 2014 with offices in New York City and San Francisco and currently has a growing team led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich. For more info, see http://www.tideline.com/.
About the position:
This is an ideal position for a mid-career professional looking to transition into or further a career in the fast-growing field of impact investing. The Project Manager will support the growing business across two offices supporting the effective and timely execution of client engagements. Clients include prominent financial and philanthropic institutions.
The Project Manager position is initially structured as a six-month assignment, starting as soon as possible, with potential for extension. The position is an important role at Tideline with opportunity for advancement, working closely with the firm’s Directors and Partners. Candidates are being considered for both the New York and San Francisco offices.
Core responsibilities include:
Project planning and coordination
- Lead project planning from the outset of a project, including supporting the development of the timeline, sequencing, and division of responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the team’s efforts throughout the project, adapting as necessary
- Ensure clear and timely communication and information sharing among the team
- Organize meetings among the team and with the client as needed, including developing agendas and guiding the prep work needed
- Act as a liaison with clients, ensuring information is shared in a clear and timely manner
- Coordinate between Tideline project teams and client teams to plan and prepare for meetings
- Support the research needed for projects, including literature reviews, data gathering and analysis, and participating in interviews
- Synthesize and analyze the research conducted to create structure, draw out takeaways, and work toward conclusions and recommendations
- Organize and participate in team brainstorming activities as needed
- Support the development of frameworks and other organizing constructs that serve as analytical devices and/or to communicate findings/conclusions
- Support back-office project elements, including reviewing contracts, monitoring project expenses to budget, and coordinating invoices
- Support drafting of project proposals
- Participate in meetings with prospective clients as needed
- Contribute to media-related efforts
The ideal candidate: has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; is exceptionally well-organized; writes well; and has experience in project management and/or consulting. Tideline is a fast-growing firm working with some of the most important institutions in impact investing and delivering work of the highest quality. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The small team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
- Master’s degree or experience as a project manager at a top-tier consulting firm or comparable environment
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience desired with demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects, and leadership skills to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization both individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Successful candidates will possess exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Based in New York or San Francisco areas
Please apply through the link provided, and indicate in your cover letter your preference/availability for either the San Francisco or New York office. Please send any questions to email@example.com.
Please apply through this link: https://tideline.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=12