Project Manager, Tideline
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Please submit your application at http://tideline.applytojob.com/apply/3c2U6c/Project-Manager-Tideline.html
Role: Project Manager
Term: Contract (6 months) with possibility for full-time
Location: New York, NY
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Application deadline: October 23, 2015 (applicants considered on a rolling basis)
Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to institutions developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in a shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, we offer strategic advice, market research and intelligence, investment program and product design, philanthropic and grant-making strategies, thought leadership and custom research, impact measurement and evaluation, and change management and capacity building. Tideline was founded in 2014 and currently has operations in San Francisco and New York City. The firm has a team of seven people, led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is an ideal position for a mid-career professional looking to transition from a mainstream consulting firm into the fast-growing field of impact investing. The Project Manager will support the growing business across two offices supporting the effective and timely execution of client engagements. Clients include prominent financial and philanthropic institutions.
The Project Manager position is initially a temporary assignment lasting six months and starting as soon as possible. There may be opportunity for a permanent position at the end of this period, though this is subject to the business’s needs and client demand. The position is an important role at Tideline with opportunity for advancement, working closely with the firm’s Directors and Partners. Candidates must be based in the New York City area.
Core responsibilities include:
Project planning and coordination
- Lead project planning from the outset of a project, including supporting the development of the timeline, sequencing, and division of responsibilities
- Manage the team’s efforts throughout the project, adapting as necessary
- Ensure clear and timely communication and information sharing among the team
- Organize meetings among the team and with the client as needed, including developing agendas and guiding the prep work needed
- Act as a liaison with clients, ensuring information is shared in a clear and timely manner
- Communicate with client teams to plan and prepare for meetings
- Manage the research needed for projects, including literature reviews, data gathering and analysis, and participating in interviews
- Synthesize and analyze the research conducted to create structure, draw out takeaways, and work toward conclusions and recommendations
- Organize and participate in team brainstorming activities as needed
- Develop of frameworks and other organizing constructs that serve as analytical devices and/or to communicate findings/conclusions
- Help manage back-office project elements, including reviewing contracts, monitoring project expenses to budget, and coordinating invoices
- Participate in drafting project proposals
- Participate in meetings with prospective clients as needed
- Contribute to media-related efforts
The ideal candidate writes well; has an entrepreneurial, collaborative disposition; is exceptionally well-organized; and has experience in project management and/or consulting. Tideline is a fast-growing firm working with some of the most important institutions in impact investing and delivering work of the highest quality. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness. The small team is fun, too, and often feels like an extended family for each of its members.
Desired qualifications and experiences include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus. Project Management Certification, or equivalent experience as a project manager at a top-tier consulting firm or comparable environment
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience desired with demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects, and leadership skills to work with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization both individually and as part of a team
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy preferred
- Successful candidates will possess exceptional critical thinking, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint and Excel in particular)
- Based in the New York City area
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
Please submit your application at http://tideline.applytojob.