Proposal and Outreach Coordinator
- RIWI Corp.
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Email your application as described in the posting to email@example.com
- Where to Apply
RIWI is searching for a hard-working, curious, and driven person who will work directly with the Global Citizen Engagement (GCE) team and help us successfully grow RIWI’s work in the International Development and social impact sectors. You will support the Industry Leads, focusing on developing business with new clients, as well as expanding existing relationships with current clients such as development institutions, global INGOs, various United Nations agencies, and international private sector implementation firms. You will be someone who loves meeting new people, writing concept notes, generating innovative ideas, and thrives in a fast-paced environment, where every day is different. The role will require flexibility and agility to take on various tasks including research, proposal writing, assessing market opportunities, project documentation, public speaking, networking, and coordinating internal processes.
– Coordinate and be responsible for RIWI’s proposal and procurement processes from monitoring and finding funding opportunities from key donors such as USAID, US Department of State, FCDO, the UN, etc., to eventual proposal submission
– Own regular communication with clients, including outreach to target and prospective clients, presenting and promoting RIWI as a data solution and resource partner
– Develop creative data-driven solutions and applications of their technology, working to assist clients in solving complex global problems
– Liaise closely with internal stakeholders including the GCE Industry Leads, Customer Success team, and Data Operations team to ensure ongoing client satisfaction and developing innovative solutions to complex problems
– Conduct market research and develop mapping reports of thematic areas, target organizations, and opportunities for thought leadership
– Support and attend conferences and events where RIWI is participating, both online and in-person (eventually)
The candidate must have demonstrably excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Proficiency in other languages is an asset. Further recommended skills and experience include:
– Interest and awareness in social issues and fragile contexts around the world (which may be geopolitical, global health, economic development, human rights, or conflict related, as per applicant’s interest)
– Familiarity with and interest in learning about various international organizations, the Sustainable Development Goals, and current events around the world
– Strong interpersonal skills, the desire to meet new people and cultivate relationships
– Creative and driven mindset, self-starter, and the ability to effectively communicate and sell an idea through conversation or written text
– Data literacy and a high interest and comfort with data and research, including manipulation and graphing of data sets in MS Excel
– Background and/or degree in any field of Humanities, the Social Sciences (e.g. Political Science, International Relations, Public Policy, Development Studies), or other related degree
– Experience in any customer service role
– A passion for problem solving, catching details, and entrepreneurialism in order to grow prosperity
– Demonstrable unwavering commitment to client communication and delivery excellence
Please email your resume (2 page maximum), a concise cover letter (1 page maximum), and one writing sample, directed to Mercedes Fogarassy at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job posting. Writing samples should be short, maximum 1 page, and describe an idea or observation about the world you once thought to be true, and now you do not.
Written applications are due August 8th, 2021, but early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Start date is flexible. The successful applicant will join the Global Citizen Engagement team and work remotely for the foreseeable future. Once safe, the option to have a flexible work from home schedule will continue, or to join the office in Toronto.
RIWI provides global trend tracking, prediction technology and access to fast-changing consumer and citizen sentiment in all countries. RIWI collects data using patented, machine-learning technology in order to reach the broadest possible set of potential survey respondents continuously, drawing in populations otherwise not included in data collection. RIWI surveys are anonymous, continuous, and do not collect personally identifiable information. RIWI collects information in 229 countries and territories and in over 80 languages. RIWI leverages its technology to conduct scientific surveys and impactful digital campaigns.
RIWI is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. They encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, diverse ethnicities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with them, please notify them so they can provide suitable accommodation.