Questscope Director of Philanthropic Engagement
- Various Locations
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Director of Philanthropic Engagement (Full Time)
Location- Various locations
Unprecedented change is needed to face the complex challenges of our time. We want to expand and improve on the lessons of more than 25 years in the Middle East with amazing youth who overcome disadvantage, marginalization and displacement.
Questscope is a non-profit, non-government, non-sectarian, charitable organization, founded in 1988, for the purpose of social development among marginalized people and communities, based in the Middle East with headquarters in Amman, Jordan. Questscope is funded through the generosity of individual and corporate donors that believe in our mandate, Putting the Last First, and though contracts with international agencies to provide opportunities and service to marginalized people and communities.
The 21st Century calls for unique attitudes and actions – distinctives embedded in the DNA of Questscope:
1) The Last and the Least become leaders with enhanced capability and increased competence;
2) Rooted in the Middle East – founded as a response to a humanitarian crisis in 1982;
3) Institutional culture reflects a combination of Arab and Western leadership;
4) Peace-making across cultural, social, geographical lines is a core practice among our staff and volunteers;
5) Intense commitment to Arab staff and volunteers as the social, intellectual and cultural capital/human resources to carry us forward;
6) High level of accountability to those we serve and to those who enable us to serve;
7) Intense awareness of the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical dimensions of human beings;
8) Expertise in bringing governmental agencies and non-governmental entities together for common, pro-social benefit;
9) Core belief that human relationships are fundamental to all individual and social progress;
10) A strong track record of youth development/empowerment with disadvantaged and refugee Middle Eastern youth for the past 25 years.
The Director of Philanthropic Engagement (DoPE) will be a remarkably creative individual capable of leading collaboration with others to design, articulate and implement a strategy to drive philanthropic resource growth: sustaining and expanding current donations and attracting/acquiring new donors – improving traditional methods and approaches and introducing/improving the use of technology in non-traditional approaches. He/she will develop institutional strength (reputation, resources, and relationships) to sustain the mandate and the distinctive approaches of Questscope.
He/she reports to the International Director and collaborates with Questscope Country Directors, Regional Directors, and staff and volunteers to enrich current philanthropic strategies, identify and secure new revenue streams and steward all donor sources. He/she will liaise with the Development Department of the American Refugee Committee (ARC) on an ongoing basis. The DoPE will take over all Questscope fundraising responsibilities from the International Director within 12 months.
1. Demonstrate that Questscope is a uniquely effective charitable solution for at-risk youth in the Middle East and from the Middle East in other countries.
2. Craft and shape the Questscope story to share with the outside world. Partner with Questscope Communications staff to oversee the development for all external engagement communications.
3. Develop a marketing strategy to bring vision and build brand-awareness through a creative, cost-effective plan to increase Questscope brand warmth with new prospects, organizations and influencers domestically in the USA and internationally.
4. Continually express gratitude and appreciation to all Questscope donors. Steward, maintain and report on all philanthropic sources. Cultivate and maintain relationships with major donors by responding to their inquiries, keeping them apprised of recent events with the organization and showing them the progress their donations have made possible. Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
5. Oversee and manage the Questscope fundraising budget and revenue targets. Assess quarterly which avenues of support provide the most positive impact for the organization with current and projected staff and projects. Work closely with the Finance Director and actively with the finance team to manage risk and upside throughout the year to ensure budget objectives and plan goals are met.
6. Find new donors for Questscope. Identify new philanthropic revenue streams that have the potential to accelerate organizational growth and innovation. Lead the identification, solicitation, design and implementation for, new and diverse funding sources. Forge closer relationships with new generations of philanthropists, especially among established supporting regions, both geographically and digitally, to grow current organizational support.
7. Set the fundraising course for Questscope. Establish strategy for agency philanthropy which will be a multi-year plan for increasing philanthropic revenue to support the mission of Questscope and enable it to continue putting the last, first.
8. Build & maintains a portfolio of (100+) Major Gift Prospects, individuals who have the ability to make a charitable gift of $25,000 or more over a five-year period. Work closely with the International Director, Regional Directors and Board to plan and successfully execute high-level solicitations from major donors.
9. Create a planned giving program. Identify and secure support from planned giving prospects.
10. Maintain and discover multifaceted philanthropic organization partnerships, especially with global multinational churches, corporations and foundations.
11. Leverage the macro- and micro-solutions Questscope provides to youth in the Middle East and from the Middle East as a significant program leader for emerging societal stabilization.
1. Grow and maintain private, US domestic philanthropic support to $1,000,000 p.a.
2. Grow and maintain private, US individual donor pool to 500 in the first year.
3. Grow and maintain Donor Advised Fund Participation and Exposure across top donor regions, both geographical and digitally.
4. Establish consistent culture of planned philanthropy across current or new donors to Questscope with 10 planned gifts in first 2 years.
5. Grow and maintain US Church partnerships by speaking at a minimum of 30 additional Church gatherings a year. Identify Questcope US church representative hire in 2 years.
6. Solicit 20 individuals or couples for major gifts of at least $5,000 per year/$25,000 per 5 years.
7. Establish Digital Footprint in US digital markets coupled with strong regional affinity that would support Questscope as a significantly effective solution for youth in the Middle East and from the Middle East. Increase Questscope brand warmth and exposure 5 points year over year.
8. Establish Donor Engagement Process language across Questscope to understand donor discovery, identification, qualification, cultivation, negotiation, solicitation and stewardship.
9. Establish or maintain donor database with detailed call reports and automated reports on gift history, ticklers to remind stewardship steps and reminders on project or focus interests for donors on potential projects on regional, thematic or cost descriptors.
1. An unalterable passion and belief in the possibility of every child in every situation.
2. Passion, understanding and commitment to the Questscope mission/mandate and DNA (distinctives).
3. An absolute commitment to listen to understand the needs and hopes of the \”other.\”
4. Ability to work closely with a wide range of people including senior business professionals and philanthropic donors, academic and policy leaders, nonprofit and government professionals; particularly adept at collaborating with subject matter experts and leaders of the highest caliber, and leveraging the abilities and knowledge of leaders for fundraising purposes.
5. A dynamic presence, with the intellectual ability to command the respect and attention of all.
6. A strategic thinker able to move concepts or theories into practice for philanthropic impact.
7. Significant experience and demonstrated success cultivating and soliciting high level prospects and donors across multiple donor channels through front line fundraising.
8. Help set and manage appropriate philanthropic expectations at the executive and board level.
9. Handle and communicate detailed, complex, sensitive concepts & problems to donors.
10. Manage 3rd party vendors and keep philanthropic budgets on schedule.
11. Graduate Degree Required.
12. 6+ years of fundraising experience. Preference to candidates with experience in multinational organizations and youth centric missions. Faith based organization experience a plus.
13. Computer systems understanding, Microsoft office suite mastery. Personal experience with shaping fundraising systems and data that are sustainable, and enable geographically dispersed constituents to coordinate their fundraising activities; experience leveraging fundraising databases and support systems for donor segmentation, research and volunteer management.
14. Understanding of multiple planned giving vehicles.
15. Frequent US domestic (2/month) travel (overnights and weekends) and occasional international travel.
Check out our website to learn more about our work- http://www.questscope.org/
Questscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Questscope complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply click here- https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oxqo4fw9&s=NextBillion