- Evidence Action
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please apply directly on our website.
- Where to Apply
About Evidence Action
Evidence Action is a global nonprofit organization with an approach distinctive in international development – we exclusively scale interventions that are backed by strong evidence and can be delivered with exceptional cost-effectiveness. Our programs have grown since our founding in 2013 to reach over 280 million people annually. We deliver high impact for every dollar spent, as recognized by GiveWell, The Life You Can Save, and Charity Navigator.
We do development differently. We take a data-driven approach to identifying, scaling, and continuously improving programs which deliver immense impact, ensuring these solutions measurably improve the lives of millions. Our Deworm the World Initiative has helped governments in Africa and Asia deliver over 1.4 billion childhood deworming treatments, improving health, education, and incomes. Dispensers for Safe Water provides sustained safe water access to over 4 million people in rural Africa, preventing childhood illness and deaths.
We drive innovation: Our Accelerator builds the next generation of exceptional programs, taking an approach most similar to a venture capital model. We are ruthless in exiting programs which do not meet our criteria; those that advance deliver outsized impact for millions of people.
We are global. Across eight countries in Africa and Asia, our 400+ people are united by a tremendous passion for our mission and impact. We are strong because of our diversity of experience, geography, and background – with over 90% of our people in the countries where our impact is focused.
We have big ambitions. Our goal is to double our impact by 2024, to fulfill our vision of a world where hundreds of millions of people in the poorest places have better opportunities and their lives are measurably improved. We believe in bold and urgent action – because poverty doesn’t wait, and neither should we.
We need great people. Our success to date is due to the collective work of our amazing staff. To achieve our ambitious goals, we are looking for people who share our passion for evidence, cost-effectiveness, and scale. We seek individuals who take an entrepreneurial approach, enjoy tackling hard problems, and have a bias to action and results. If our vision and approach excite you as much as it does us, we invite you to join us.
About the People & Culture team
The Global People & Culture team sets the strategy to attract, support, and sustain the diverse and talented staff that make Evidence Action’s mission a reality. We align our people priorities to best serve organizational strategy, focusing on the areas of highest impact across the employee lifecycle to support our program teams and regional leaders. We champion the investment in Evidence Action’s strong culture, particularly as we scale, ensuring that our organization is unified in the goals we set to accomplish to serve our communities.
The Recruiting Coordinator will be an important team member in supporting our sourcing, interviewing, and hiring efforts. While the volume of open roles varies throughout the year, on average this role will support 10-15 job openings at any given point in time.
– Serve as a partner to Manager, Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to understand hiring needs and build effective sourcing avenues for the team
– Upload workflows and interview templates into Workable.
– Conduct compensation calls, interviews, and reference checks for US and GRS roles.
– Manage candidate communications and scheduling and ensure we are progressing high caliber candidates quickly.
– Post and monitor job postings for all US and GRS based roles, ensuring diverse and tailored platforms are used given the role description
– Provide support during kick-off meetings with hiring managers to explain the steps involved in the hiring process, expectations of their involvement, and help edit JD drafts.
– Ensure appropriate, effective and efficient information flow to stakeholders, hiring managers, colleagues, and team members for recruitment efforts at all levels.
– Review and screen resumes and applications, maintaining a strong funnel throughout the hiring process
– Pro-actively flag when there are challenges with the pipeline of candidates.
– Assist in updating processes, flagging when new trends or needs emerge up amongst hiring teams.
– Act as an ambassador for Evidence Action, staying current on the company’s organization structure, working norms, core values, and program expansion efforts.
– Support the People & Culture team in other areas, as needed.
– BA with 1-2 years of experience or equivalent combination of relevant work experience.
– Outstanding communication skills; the ability to collaborate across teams and experience level.
– Experience scheduling for multiple stakeholders (e.g. candidates, Senior Leaders, international teams).
– Quick learner and problem solver; a critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker who is able to identify areas for improvement and apply data insights to your work.
– Strong attention to detail and interest in being a part of a fast paced and dynamic organizational function.
– Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines and priorities and complete tasks effectively with minimal supervision.
– The ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
– Familiarity with hiring practices and stages (screening, interview, assessment, onboarding).
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. for role to be based in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of a U.S. employment visa at this time.
Evidence Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.