Recruitment Outreach Manager
- One Acre Fund
- East African capital city, ideally Kigali or Nairobi, with up to 25% travel
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
One Acre Fund is nothing more than the people who devote their time and energy to making smallholder farmers more prosperous. These people are the main ingredient to our success, and the role of the Recruitment team is to find them. We are seeking an exceptional leader in recruitment to manage the sub-team devoted to candidate outreach, executive search, and employer branding.
The Recruitment Outreach Manager will join our globally-based People Operations team and ensure we are recruiting the world’s best professionals to join our ranks. The main job duties are as follows:
Sourcing strategy and execution – roughly 60%
– One Acre Fund recently created an in-house executive search team to source professionals for our leadership roles. You will manage this team, setting strategy and performing analysis on sourcing and branding trials
– Conduct talent mapping exercises in each of our countries of operation, working to understand the talent landscape and identify new channels to find future staff members
– Oversee One Acre Fund’s referral program, increasing engagement with all eligible staff, pushing for efficiencies, and ensuring quality data management
– Conduct and train others in executive search tactics, designing tools, and implementing creative sourcing methods to reach new candidates
– Research, engage with, and maintain connections with leads and prospects across the region
Team Leadership and Management – roughly 20%
– Directly manage and mentor two sourcing associates and 1-2 specialists to deliver upon sourcing strategy and goals
– Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance reviews and development, strategic direction and support.
– Ensure that all staff receives effective mentorship to promote career growth.
– Personally lead training sessions for senior staff members.
– Work with other recruitment managers to set goals, drive progress, and problem solve.
– Serve as an ambassador of the recruitment team to the rest of the organization
One Acre Fund is a young organization and this sub-team is very new; as such, there may be additional responsibilities that arise. We are looking for a flexible and enthusiastic professional who can tackle any task that will improve their team and the organization at large.
Recruitment communications – roughly 20%
– Build a robust employer brand in our target geographies and demographics
– Work closely with the communications team to ensure we create and publish accurate and compelling content related to careers at One Acre Fund
– Manage our LinkedIn and other social media accounts
– Oversee the Careers portion of One Acre Fund’s website – includes content generation and troubleshooting
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions.
We are seeking someone with a deep interest in people, talent, and sourcing, experience in a fast-paced work environment, and an interest in international development and/or nonprofit work. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities and experience:
– 6+ years of professional experience in recruitment, executive search, or related areas. Marketing, sales, and communications experience is also useful, but not required
– Minimum 3 years direct management experience with strong examples of people development
– Excellent interpersonal skills; the Recruitment Outreach Manager will have daily contact with senior leaders in the organization, the broader recruitment team, and a wide range of candidates and should be able to engage with them in a friendly and professional way.
– Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
– Excellent presentation skills and comfort with public speaking are required
– Comfort networking – enjoys creating and maintaining positive relationships for professional purposes
– Internal drive: the Recruitment Outreach Manager will be leading their own sub-team and must be able to proactively drive forward their own work as well as the team’s
– Knowledge of existing sourcing channels and the ability to innovate with creative new ways to find candidates
– Strong judgment and the ability to prioritize multiple demanding tasks
– Superior organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
– A humble approach to service: we are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with patience and humility
– Language: English required; Swahili and/or French a plus
PREFERRED START DATE
Late May – Early June 2018
East African capital city, ideally Kigali or Nairobi, with up to 25% travel
Minimum 2-year commitment to full-time career role
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, immunizations, flights, room and board
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
East Africans strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please visit the following website: https://grnh.se/vqrn6pgl1. We do NOT accept applications over email.