- Living Goods
- Contact Information
Living Goods is seeking an extraordinary Development Assistant who will exert strong leadership by supporting a broad range of administrative, development and communications priorities that enable the organization to achieve its ambitious goals. This is a critical role in a rapidly growing social enterprise. We plan to more than triple in size in the next few years. We think big, but we operate small and nimble.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to innovate and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, collaborative culture, if you set high standards, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods.
The Development Assistant will provide executive support to the CEO as well as support the SF Senior Leadership team in development, advocacy and communications initiatives. Beyond this, the role presents the opportunity to be part of a dynamic organization with a track record of success, a proven and innovative model, and a steep growth trajectory.
You will thrive in this role if….
You’re a hungry learner. You’re excited to soak up information while learning and continuously improving. You bring a problem-solving orientation to your work and instinctively seek opportunities for reflection and feedback. You have a knack for strengthening processes to improve quality and efficiency.
You appreciate quality data. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up-to-date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision-making. This attention to detail permeates your work.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritizing.
The Development Assistant position responsibilities will include:
1. Executive Support to CEO
• Scheduling: Manage CEO calendar with impeccable accuracy to align with priorities and manage correspondence, including drafting, editing, and proofing memos, emails, and presentations.
• Meeting Support: Lead preparation for CEO meetings (research, materials, talking points) and ensure timely follow up and next steps
• Travel Logistics: Oversee CEO and Senior Leadership Team trip planning, including managing travel and conference logistics
• Project Management: Help the CEO and Senior Leadership Team manage various organizational projects and priorities
2. SF Office Management
• General office management: Keep the SF office organized and running efficiently including ordering office supplies and food, etc. as needed; manage vendor relationships, and track and respond to building maintenance requests.
• Administrative: serve as the first point of contact for the organization by screening calls and responding to email inquiries.
• Financial: Support basic bookkeeping functions, including sending wire transfers, making bank deposits, approving payments, etc.
3. Development, Communications and Advocacy support
• Donor Research & Stewardship: Assist with cultivation and stewardship initiatives to engage key funders, allies, and partners in our mission. Identify and conduct research and analysis on prospective donors (individuals, foundations, corporations) to identify new funding opportunities
• Communications/Advocacy: Assist with various activities including monitoring community health field and key stakeholder ecosystem and research to support social media strategy, assist in development of communications collateral, research on potential media opportunities, and other projects as needed.
• Systems, Processes & Knowledge Management:
Manage all development-related data and reports in Salesforce to accurately reflect ongoing cultivation and stewardship activities and progress against goals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 1 to 5 years professional experience required
• Experience living/working in the developing world preferred
• Experience with fundraising/development preferred
• Experience providing support to senior executives preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY
• Demonstrated passion for Living Goods’ mission and alignment with its values
• Superb communication skills across all mediums that engage and inspire others
• Professional poise and polish working in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• A strong work ethic, with a desire to go above and beyond standard expectations
• Superior customer service orientation
• Exceptional judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials
• Proficiency with Salesforce and Microsoft Office
To apply, please visit: http://bit.ly/1OKgkPQ.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.