Regional Marketing and Communications Manager
- Agora Partnerships
- Mexico City, Bogotá, Managua or Santiago de Chile
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Who are we looking for?
You are a marketing or communications professional, with experience writing compelling stories, a strong understanding of digital media channels, tools and data analysis, and at least 8 years of relevant professional experience? You are familiar with the Latin American context and/or the impact investing/social entrepreneurship field, and you are fluent in both English and Spanish? You want to have a positive impact on society and the environment while pursuing your professional goals? This opportunity is for you!
Why joining Agora?
We are a team of about 25 professionals spread out across Latin America, all passionate about making a positive impact on society by empowering social entrepreneurs to transform the world. In the past 8 years, through its flagship Accelerator program, Agora Partnerships has accelerated close to 250 companies across 12 industries and 21 countries, thus contributing to moving the needle towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Join us in this endeavour! For more information on Agora, please visit www.agora2030.org
What will the position entail?
The objective of this position is to manage Agora’s global and regional marketing, communications and public relations efforts for maximum brand awareness and value-add to key stakeholders in the impact ecosystem, namely social impact entrepreneurs, impact investors, funders, and ecosystem partners.
You will be responsible for leading all brand building and entrepreneur recruiting efforts. Primary responsibilities related to these two major efforts include but are not limited to:
* Manage public relations agency to create and implement regional and national brand positioning strategy and advertising campaigns including digital media outlets (magazines, blogs), social media, PPC, and events (in-kind sponsorship, panel presentations, keynotes, etc.), targeted at distinct customer segments
– Work with outside agency to craft copy, messaging, visual assets
* Periodically review, edit and sign-off on public-facing assets created by other Agora team members for brand and storytelling alignment, and manage visual design agency for asset creation (Deal Books, key decks, promo videos, annual report – most templates already existing).
* Create targeted entrepreneur recruitment and social media strategy:
– Use Agora’s existing Recruitment Toolkit as guidance
– Analyze past performance to determine current best channels for each customer segment (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Email, Direct calls, Partners, etc.).
– Research best channels/mediums for highest engagement of each customer segment in Latin America.
– Develop influencer strategy to gain followers on key channels.
– Develop engagement strategy to capitalize on well-performing content and create new campaigns.
– Work with in-house staff to create customer engagement assets: content, contests, promotions, etc.
* Implement robust analytics tracking and analysis system. Includes: website (Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics), social media channels (platform analytics), social mentions, brand mentions, e-newsletter CTR, etc.
* Manage Agora’s website (updates to be done in-house by Communications Associate)
* Segment customer profiles and develop newsletter and re-marketing messaging strategy for each.
– Work with in-house staff to create newsletter and message content.
* Coordinate the work of Agora’s team currently in charge of communications, entrepreneurs’ recruitment and community engagement.
Compensation and Benefits
Agora Partnerships provides the following:
– Competitive compensation to comparable roles in the region;
– Comfortable workspace in a local co-working office;
– Stipend to cover expenses during work travel;
– International travel emergency medical insurance (on extended international trips);
– Access to Agora’s professional networks (such as ANDE, Sistema B, and Impact Hub);
– Opportunities to attend industry conferences (with travel stipend and attendance covered);
– Access to networking events and an extensive network of professionals and industry experts.
How to apply?
Please send a motivation letter, writing sample (in English or Spanish) and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 9, 2018, with MARKETING MANAGER – [YOUR NAME] in the email title. The motivation letter should explain (1) why you are excited for this opportunity, (2) what has been your most relevant experience that prepares you for this role, and (3) preferred start date and location (please specify if you currently have a work permit in that/those location(s)), and salary expectations.