- Global Citizen Year
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Regional Recruiter will work in the Bay Area with a specific focus on the Silicon Valley, and will be responsible for helping to design and execute a direct outreach campaign that generates a pipeline of applicants. This role will initially report to the COO — and eventually to a newly-hired Director of Recruitment and Admissions — and work closely with members of the Growth team as we build our incoming cohort and develop best in class practices for on-the -ground recruitment.
The Regional Recruiter is an excellent communicator, and a master of building relationships and trust. S/he will be responsible for surveying the landscape, helping us design a strategy, then implementing and analyzing it.
This role presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic organization with a track record of success, growing momentum, and a steep growth trajectory.
- Drive and Execute a Direct Outreach Campaign
- Manage a direct outreach campaign within a regional geography that targets both applicants (high school students) and the adults, mentors, administrators, and teachers that influence that population. This position will start in the Bay Area, with a focus on Silicon Valley.
- Identify key gatekeepers, stakeholders and influencers within that community/region, develop relationships with them, and build trust.
- Identify high potential applicants as candidates for our program, steward them through the application process, and ultimately compel them to apply to Global Citizen Year.
- Cultivate relationships with schools, teachers, counselors, parents and other mentors in the community.
- Create Global Citizen Year supporters and advocates through your outreach and relationship building.
- Mobilize a community, through events and outreach, to think differently about bridge years and the transition from high school to college.
- Contribute to developing our outreach strategy
- Research the regional landscape to understand the area; help identify possible opportunities or challenges.
- Help determine goals for outreach, and how to measure success and achievement.
- Work with the greater team to create a plan that is scalable and transferable so that your approach and learnings can be replicated.
- Start to think ahead – set the wheels in motion that will propel your ‘recruitment engine’ forward in coming years.
- Analysis and systems
- Design a system for tracking progress that includes key data points, and supports the ability to evaluate success mid-stream and respond accordingly.
- Document your learnings as a tool for understanding the potential for scale and replication.
- Analyze your work and make recommendations for how best to proceed in this region and elsewhere.
The consummate people’s person. You figure out what motivates and concerns people. You can read a person, read a crowd, read a community, and enjoy using that to build relationships. You are personable and easy to talk to, and you find energy in connecting with others.
You are entrepreneurial and creative. You are entrepreneurial and enterprising in all the right ways. You recognize opportunities where others may not, and then maximize them to their full potential. You approach situations creatively and are always willing to try something new.
You think two moves ahead. You are able to see the forest through the trees to ensure your path serves your end goal. Your ability to focus on execution and simultaneously reflect on process gives you the ability to change course mid stream.
You are passionate about the mission of Global Citizen Year, and about connecting people with our program. Your internal engine operates at a high pace, and you see forging the path for something brand new as an opportunity, rather than a challenge. You are approachable and can recognize the right levers to pull that allow others to connect with you.
You are available to work some weekends and evenings.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K match. Flexible vacation policy and a great work environment with passionate, talented co-workers.
Location: Bay Area, with an emphasis on Silicon Valley (open to additional regions)
Start Date: August 2015