Regional Supply Chain Senior Manager
- Living Goods
- Where to Apply
We are seeking an innovative and passionate professional to join our team as the Regional Supply Chain Lead based in Kampala, Uganda.
The ideal candidate is a results-focused professional with vision and a track record of driving operational excellence. You will be responsible for defining and implementing the overall regional supply chain strategy for Living Goods. Furthermore, you will lead a team across different functions (Planning, Procurement and Logistics) in Kenya and Uganda.
Responsibilities and Requirements
• Oversee the procurement and logistics teams. Hire, manage and mentor your team to meet company goals.
• Develop strategy and operationalise plans to ensure Living Goods has the
appropriate products, services and facilities to support the growth plans in Kenya and Uganda and to drive continuous process improvements and identify best IT systems to support implementation.
• Manage all procurement efforts, negotiations and bidding processes to ensure Living Goods benefits from the lowest cost of goods to meet our margin goals.
• Research and qualify multiple high-quality sources for key items to sharpen bidding and ensure back up sources.
• Conduct market research to identify and propose compelling new, hard-to -find items that help LG meet its impact and profitability goals
• Oversee inventory forecasting, and distribution planning and to ensure LG achieves 90-100% in stock rates at targeted inventory turns.
• Manage stocks at and across LG branches to minimize shrink, damages and expiry, maintain inventory accuracy and prevent fraud and theft at any level.
• Oversee all warehousing and efficient transport of goods to branches to minimize costs, losses and meet all key metrics now and in the future.
• Build best in class processes to minimise any potential for abuse and fraud in the procurement processes. Identify and monitor key risks and proactively develop mitigation plans.
• Analyse market prices and propose pricing to meet margin and CHP profitability goals. Oversee price surveys.
• Oversee procurement of supplies, services, furniture and equipment for all current and future branches and offices.
• Provide absolutely reliable inventory reporting in coordination with finance, ensuring timely accurate data at all times.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Attributes
• At least 5 years experience leading the procurement function in a company with over $USD 5 million in sales.
• Demonstrated track record of negotiations.
• Demonstrated ability of meeting inventory management and margin goals,
• Strong spreadsheet, budgeting and financial analysis skills. MS Excel expert.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing teams of 5 or more.
• University degree from a top school. Degree in supply chain management or business administration ideal.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact effectively with teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
• High integrity and collaborative workstyle a must.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organisation skills.
• Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles, along with forecasting and analyzing data and financial information.
• Proven ability to deliver results.
• Willingness to travel across East Africa regularly.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
What is Living Goods?
Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you willthrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles
For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods
To apply, please click here: http://bit.ly/1SJIH3S