- Building Tomorrow
- Indianapolis, IN
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Building Tomorrow, Inc., an international social-profit organization galvanizing communities to support thriving schools in underserved areas in East Africa invites interested individuals to apply for our Relationship Manager position.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow improves access to child-friendly, community-supported schools by providing an inclusive, quality education for underserved children. Through our Thriving Schools Program, we deploy Building Tomorrow Fellows who recruit and train Community Education Volunteers, together bringing out-of-school children into the classroom while working with school leadership to ensure access to a quality, inclusive school environment. We also work hand-in-hand with local communities, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Education to construct new primary schools where no formal primary school exists. With a full-time staff of 105, just four of whom work in the United States, Building Tomorrow reaches nearly 65,000 students each day. Building Tomorrow has received funding and recognition for its innovative work from the Clinton Global Initiative, Educate a Child, Echoing Green, the Segal Family Foundation, and Forbes Magazine. More information can be found online at: www.buildingtomorrow.org.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE
Prospecting Research & Donor Development
• Researching and identifying appropriate individual and institutional funding prospects
• Maintaining an active pipeline of prospective and new donors supporting all aspects of Building Tomorrow’s operations
• Authoring background briefs and setting up senior team members for prospective donor interactions and asks
• Preparing tailored materials and working closely with team members to develop letters of inquiry and funding proposals
• Broadening Building Tomorrow’s base of support among individuals and organizations outside of Indianapolis
• Planning for and developing long-term relationships between organization and funding prospects/new mid-level individual donors
• Evaluating existing donor database and creating and implementing strategies to maintain and improve individual donor retention
• Representing Building Tomorrow at appropriate networking events, creating opportunities to share Building Tomorrow’s work with new donor networks
• Setting up senior team members for effective donor interactions
• Assisting with the creation and implementation of Building Tomorrow’s annual development plan
• Organizing monthly meetings to track donor pipeline, moves and plan next steps
• Providing back-up support for Building Tomorrow’s two annual events
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF…
• You have an unshakeable passion for education equality, believing access to an inclusive, quality education is a basic human right.
• You possess creative ingenuity, being progressive in your thinking and approaching challenges old and new. You are intrapreneurial and unafraid to pilot new ideas.
• You are relentlessly determined. You refuse to accept the status quo and persistently strive to create new opportunities to reach more children, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
• You believe in collaborative engagement. You believe more can be achieved together than alone, believe in the power of cultivating relationships and see everyone as an equal partner.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, Master’s degree a plus
• Minimum of five years of work experience with demonstrated success in a fund development role
• Professional experience in prospect research and proposal writing with proven track record of winning grants and meeting/exceeding goals
• Experience with donor management systems, especially Salesforce
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, positive energy and ability to speak confidently in front of groups of all sizes
• Extremely articulate, possessing superior English written and oral communication skills.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is based in Indianapolis, IN and reports to the Chief Dreamer.
Send resumes and cover letter including compensation requirements to: email@example.com.
Please apply early as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.