- Azuri Technologies Ltd
- Cambridge, UK
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email CV and Cover Letter
- Where to Apply
Join a team that is making a difference!
Azuri is paving the way in delivering next-generation energy to Africa to help the 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa without access to main electricity to generate affordable, clean and reliable energy for their homes.
Azuri uniquely combines cutting-edge solar innovation, mobile payment technology and machine-learning technology into a small, affordable systems specially designed for off-grid homes currently disadvantaged by remote distances and lack of grid access. Customers have a stand-alone solar system in their house, with a panel, control unit including batteries and consumer devices such as LED lights, rechargeable radio and television.
Our pay-as-you-go model enables customers to pay in small increments they can afford and once fully paid, the system is owned by the household and all power generated is free of charge to them. Azuri has already delivered systems for over 150,000 homes and changed nearly a million lives in the process. Adoption of pay-as-you-go solar is growing rapidly and over 2 million people in Africa now benefit from this technology.
Our company and solar systems are award-winning. Azuri was recently named in the Global CleanTech 100 list and has collected numerous awards including the Edison Gold Award and UN Climate Solutions Award for its innovative technology.
Azuri’s vision is to create a level playing field where all African consumers can access and benefit from modern services and digital world wherever they live.
Your role in the team
As our Reporting Analyst, you will part of a growing Analytics team, and will help identify key trends of the fast-growing industry and leading company, including demand for new products, geographic growth opportunities, new customer segments, payment performance, and social impact achievements. You will help design informative dashboards which share the information with key stakeholders to help make informed decisions. You will work with various teams to understand the drivers of these trends and summarise the strategic findings on a regular basis to key stakeholders in order to maximise impact.
• Database Queries – Interrogate databases, primarily MySQL, as well as a variety of other (offline) data sources, including static Excel / CSV files and online services, and summarise findings for review.
• Dashboard Creation – Work with Excel, Google Sheets, PowerBI, and other dashboard tools, linked to multiple data sources, to produce live dashboards for various stakeholders in the business.
• Business Reporting – Support various reporting requirements, using standard dashboards as well as ad-hoc analysis to help understand how various business units or processes are performing and recommend strategic actions.
• Expert in extracting data from local & cloud databases using efficient SQL queries
• Strong data cleaning and analytical skills using Excel, and ideally Python / R
• Experience working with data visualisation tools, such as Power BI / Tableau
Experience / Education
• Engineering / Science / Computing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• 1-2 years work experience in a similar role, ideally in the impact space
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.